10 reasons why someone should study at UTS (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Copy cat! First my av, now this! boo!!!!!!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Proximity (and location) to the city.

(ha ha ha 3 replies and all MQers. ;))

Riviet

HSC
N/A
1) Jase goes there. :)

P.S I feel some deja vu in this thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

monique66

1) It's better than nothing
2) Okay, so it's a close second to mac
:)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
1. The tower building looks like a penis.
2. The communications building is called 'Bon Marche' which is french for very cheap.
3. The design building looks fairly pretty.
4. You get Jase for a mod.;)
5. It takes like zero time to get there from the station.
6. Its impossible to get lost on your way to UTS because you can see it from miles away and its just a straight road from the station/bus stop.
7. Its right near USYD and Ultimo TAFE so if any of your friends go there you can visit them anytime.
8 - 10. I can't think of anymore...</3

shiryu

HSC
Any more reasons other than the buildings face? I am from Spain and I am going on exchange to UTS next year ... What about people/teachers ... ?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
These reasons aren't in any particular order of preference.

1. Good location with its proximity to the Sydney CBD
2. Close to multiple types of transport (Central Stn, most 4xx Sydney Bus Routes right outside the uni, light rail from Central and monorail from the CBD to Haymarket campus, cheap parking available to UTS stduents at Market City and UTS Union carpark)
3. Modern Faculty of IT building and new Science faculty building with excellent facilities
4. Free wireless internet access to all UTS students in most buildings
5. 24/7 access to computer labs to most students. Faculty specific labs in most faculities (IT, Engineering, Law, Science)
6. Great links with the industry and courses are developed and revised along with industry representatives (eg. revised IT and Engineering degrees for 2007)
7. Courses have a more practical and hands-on nature (IT, Engineering, Science)
8. Good connections with UTS Insearch and Ultimo TAFE (and any TAFE really) for recognition of prior learning for transfer students from certain diplomas
9. A variety of different clubs and societies available on campus and a brand new gym and grass area behind the tower building
10. Great staff, most of whom have industry experience
11. Just as an extra one...wonderful students like the ones in this thread :D

I think that's a lot better than the sign that's on the back of UTS Building 10 (if anyone has seen it). That's where I initially got the idea from :p.

It reads, "10 Good Reasons to come to UTS":

Business
Design, Architecture and Building
Education
Engineering
Humanities and Social Sciences
Information Technology
Law
Nursing, Midwifery and Health
Science
International Studies

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
-new science building :)
-great people
-youre in the middle of the city basically, very easy to get to and to go places
-you can always find someone to help you if you try hard enough
-i usually crash on the couches if ive had a big night in the city with no way of getting home
-free sausages everynow and then if i can pull out my fake international student accent
-free movies sometimes
-use of the gym, i havnt used it yet but ive heard its great
-happy hour @ the glasshouse
-free drinks from trivia :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Komaticom said:
- some low-self esteem idiot tried to fly out a window and failed.
I'd go there to see the dried blood splatter on the roof [insert name of one of the nearby buildings].
no.

thejosiekiller said:
-use of the gym, i havnt used it yet but ive heard its great
Gym's great (although I've been lazy the last couple weeks and haven't been).. cheapest rates you'll get in the city.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
well for nursing..the course @ uts is supposed to be the best in NSW

HSC
1) Industry based focus, Finding a job is much easier (whilst your a student AND once you finished your degree.

2) Great facilities, IT building has comfy lounges and finding a computer around campus is never a problem. UTS union and bar are in central locations and offer good events (e.g TRIVIA FREE DRINKS :O :O :O)

3) No in your face shit. Walked to USYD to meet up with a friend the other day and had all these politics fuckwits start telling us shit about stuff i don't care about, After telling them to fuck off they wouldn't get the point, and i asked my friend if she got that often and she said every week.

4) Cool people, I got put into a systems modelling assignment group with Huratio, it was hawt :p

5) Information always at your fingertips. If you have a problem with any subjects or courses there is always someone willing to help you.

6)Close proximity to the city, if you get bored of the facilities in UTS (e.g pool/gaming tables, live music at glasshouse, the awesome gym which is never full and really cheap) the UTS tower is on george st, so shops,restaurants,cinemas,bars are all within 5 minutes walk.

7) one of the better business faculties in australia,

8) Chasers War On Everything, doing skits around the campus.. this could be a good or a bad thing.

9) 3 Gloria Jeans and 3 Easy Way drink places within 3 minutes walk..... = <3

10) Sliding Doors in the library make me feel cool and priviliged unlike USYD's shitty library :p

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
4) Cool people, I got put into a systems modelling assignment group with Huratio, it was hawt :p
indeed. =)

DigitalFortress said:
and also i suggest you check ur translation kami :p [I MG]http://users.bigpond.net.au/lhar5454/bonmarche.jpg[/IMG]
kami's 'Certificate of Languages(French) at MQ' seems more credible than a website translator =O

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
They have the best Communications Degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)