1st Year Law? (1 Viewer)

maka

HSC
Anyone that has/is completing/completed UTS 1st year law,

what are the assessments and the breakdown of % for Legal Research and Legal Process and History.

Thanks in advance

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
yep ill post the breakdown i gave again here:
LPH:
1. Court report 35%
You are asked to visit a New South Wales Local Court (for at least 2 hours) in accordance with the following guidelines. You must reflect and draw upon that experience and use that experience to critically evaluate the claims made in the attached articles:
they appear in the learning guide
it is 2500 words

2. Restricted Open Book Exam 65%
Date: Formal exam period
The final exam will be held at the end of semester during the University’s formal exam period. You can find out the date when the exam timetable is posted on the internet and Faculty notice boards during the semester.

The exam will test material dealt with in both seminars and lectures.

The examination will be designed to test understanding and the ability to critically analyse and reason rather than the mere regurgitation of information given in lectures or in the prescribed texts.

The examination will be a RESTRICTED OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION of 3 hours duration.

Legal research:

there is a research assessment worth 65%
and final exam 40% in class

good luck

jaisy88

HSC
Is Law really that hard?

is the bachelor of law degree really that hard or do some people just crack it up? what about combined degree..i am starting business and law this year..i know its gonna be hard..but not crazy hectic hard right?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Re: Is Law really that hard?

jaisy88 said:
is the bachelor of law degree really that hard or do some people just crack it up? what about combined degree..i am starting business and law this year..i know its gonna be hard..but not crazy hectic hard right?
First year isn't too bad
first year business is ok

a first year law subject legal process and history sucks though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)