Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Are there any scholarships for undergrads at UTS except the accounting and IT ones? I can't seem to find any!!!! I'm interested in Communications btw.

fatmuscle

HSC
not sure about communications, but there are ones for Engineering!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah uts is heaps stingy in terms of scholarships but they have lots of little prizes (ranging from $50 to the few-thousands) for random things like coming first in a subject, 1st year all rounder, etc etc

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
boo hoo me needs some money!!! Does anyone know of any scholarships that are open to people from any uni??? Or stuff like that?

Thanks for your help!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, what I more meant was scholarships for external type things that are open to students from all unis ie. I could go to UTS and get a scholarship from somewhere lol.

Thanks for your help anyway!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I know that there are Industry ones for Communications (really big ones if you get ones from commercial stations.. talking like $18,000) But I dunno if you can get em at UTS.. I found out about it thru CSU.. but it would be worth a look, to see if you can get em at other Uni's

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hm i think it'd be more worth looking at austudy or youth allowance in your case.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Wow, White Rabbit if you have any more info on those I would really appreciate it.

Can't get youth allowance or anything until my second year at uni because my folks earn just over the means test thing and I haven't earnt the $15999.... planning on earning some serious cash through the summer holidays (got full time work lined up) and while at uni so that I will be able to get it for second year.

guesswho

HSC
hey anyone know a scholarship for law or law combined with business studies at UTS?

if not what about other uni's? sydney? excluding any above 99. uai

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LIke I said, only found out about then thru CSU.. but if you gave either Channel 7 or Channel 9 (and Southern Cross Broadcasting) a call, they'd be able to help you ;) Plus, I'm sure they're like UTS Accounting co-op scholarships - you get work experience with your respective station.

Sorry I don't know much about then though, I just read what came with my forms, but never looked any further b'coz I wasn't planning on doing journalism.. ;) sorry mate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)