Timetable and Text books :) (1 Viewer)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
just a quick question... i'll proli find this out at enrolment anyway lol...

do you get to choose your own timetable/which class times you want? or do they just hand it to you all set up like at school?

and with textbooks...how do we find out what books to buy for each subject? do you need to have have bought the text books and have it by your first class???

thanks x :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
*yooneek* said:

do you get to choose your own timetable/which class times you want? or do they just hand it to you all set up like at school?

and with textbooks...how do we find out what books to buy for each subject? do you need to have have bought the text books and have it by your first class???

You can find out the subjects you do via the handbook, or they will tell you at enrollment

you choose your own PREFERENCES for your timetable and the lecture, tutorial times
you get to choose up to 1-10 different preferences for each.
They do your timetable from your preferences

Textbooks, you find out from the subject outline given to you in your first lecture

you will not have to buy textbooks before your first class. Actually waiting is better in case they have changed the edition or textbook.

Hope this helps :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
*yooneek* said:

You'll be able to pick your own class times however not all subjects will have multiple class times, and some subjects you will have to take. Generally though, you make your own timetable.

With textbooks you'll generally find out in your first class, where you'll be given a student outline. Personally, I reccomend getting the course reader as soon as possible (if there is one), but hold off on getting the 'recommended' texts for a few weeks so you can see if you really need them or not.

joolee

HSC
also when you're picking your timetable, make it fast cos everyone else should be doing it then. I was abit slow last year; had to compete my noob clicking skills with other geeky year1s, they left me with really crap classtimes.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
wonderful :)
thanks guys x
ur all a HUGE help

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
joolee said:
also when you're picking your timetable, make it fast cos everyone else should be doing it then. I was abit slow last year; had to compete my noob clicking skills with other geeky year1s, they left me with really crap classtimes.
rofl,

but yea...thats what im scared of, what are the most popular times?, i want morning classes..., anywhere between 8-11 or similar.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Spider786 said:
rofl,

but yea...thats what im scared of, what are the most popular times?, i want morning classes..., anywhere between 8-11 or similar.
Unless you live close to UTS you really don't want classes that early - it kills to get up that early every morning, especially if you have an entire day of work after classes.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
kami said:
Unless you live close to UTS you really don't want classes that early - it kills to get up that early every morning, especially if you have an entire day of work after classes.
Earliest classes are 9am
As transport takes me 1.5-2 hours to get to UTS during peak hour, I have to be out of the house by 7am:eek:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goan_crazy said:
Earliest classes are 9am
As transport takes me 1.5-2 hours to get to UTS during peak hour, I have to be out of the house by 7am:eek:
I'm kinda in the same boat, it kills too because I do most of my assignments late at night which means I get about zero sleep if I have those early morning classes.:(

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
oh.., good point, thanks for that insight :\, it takes me about an hour-45 min to get to city, so 9am classes should be fine.., thats like school, i'd have to leave by 8am which is fine. (and i hardly slept during school so meh).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well when you start uni, because you may not start at 9am everyday like you did at school, you may get a bit lazy and start hating your 9am starts. Just a word of warning from experience :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jasee said:
Well when you start uni, because you may not start at 9am everyday like you did at school, you may get a bit lazy and start hating your 9am starts. Just a word of warning from experience :p
Yep. Sometimes you'll sleep through your alarm and go to your lecture 1 hour late, so watch out for that (also from experience).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
There really is no point waking up at 7am on a day that you have uni at 2pm.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
jasee said:
i was reffing to that. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)