Internal transfer to LAW?? question (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
Is it possible to transfer internally from a single degree of B.MedSci to Bachelor of Med Sci/Bachelor of Law?

And if so whats the detail on it? I've never done it before :O

Like do I need to apply to the law faculty n if so, when can i do it - after first yr etc, OH and also.. what kind of requirements are there - eg GPA etc.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
what youre doing is an internal transfer, but this i think it has to be done via UAC
so basically when filling out preferences like you did last year, you do the same thing again, but you have to pay a higher fee...like $45 or something
what was your UAI if you dont mind me asking?
if say you gotten 90+ then maybe a distinction average, plus an optional personal statement might get you in
so work hard and good luck

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
It has to be done via UAC.

This is because BMedSci belongs to the science faculty and BMedSci/LLB belongs to the law faculty (internal transfers only work inter-faculty).

And Yes, 90+ uai and a distinction/high distinction average will give you a chance.

krayzie_

HSC
I don't have a UAI, I got in via my STAT score, past tertiary education and personal statement. :O

And I knew law and IT didnt accept STAT at UTS, so yea I got into BMedSci n just wondering if LLB would reconsider me now.. lol

sick_of_skool

HSC
med sci/ law is under the law faculty. Go to law facult website and send them an email...they'll reply in a day or two.

p.s. i'm doing med sci/ law and am thinking of dropping one....dunno y i chose a combined degree in the first place.

mewantcookies

HSC
N/A
i went to the law student centre cause thats what i wanted to do too... and they said they dont based your possibility of entry into med sci/law on your UAI.. they only base it on your overall average uni marks...

emoslitorist

HSC
mewantcookies said:
i went to the law student centre cause thats what i wanted to do too... and they said they dont based your possibility of entry into med sci/law on your UAI.. they only base it on your overall average uni marks...
I called the student centre the other day and they said that they do base it on the uai and how much you have improved since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)