****fashion Design @ Uts ?**** (1 Viewer)

vix-zotik

HSC
Hey UTS is my top option atm as i want to study fashion design....
UmmM just wondering what pathways are available to reach my goal...whether that be if i do good or bad in my hsc lol...

thanx.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you didnt do as good in the hsc there are other pathways, such as completing a year at another university institution such as UWS, then transferring to UTS, or you could do the same thing at tafe then apply for a transfer
you should get transfer of credit if you transfer successfully

vix-zotik

HSC
I have heard that i need a porfolio showing my creativeness e.t.c...
Do you know what i can put in there...?
I'm definately putting in my MTP in there...
Oh yeah and what's the UAI for the fashion design course?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
the UAI for design in fashion and textiles was 90.15

juni

juni
HSC
set a goal (as you already have which is good :)) and study hard. they also have a combined B fashion & textiles design/B international studies and the uai for that this yr was ...
609260 B Design-Fash&Tex BA Int Stds 98.25
it can go as high as 99 for the combined as it did in 2004 according to my old uac guide.
yeh..uais are all to do with popularity and demand for a certain course and as you would expect, design at UTS is popular thus the high cut-offs and toughness of getting in.
However there are alternative entries (mind you it's actually even more competitive than an entry directly from high school with a uai) which is the non-current school leavers entry.
This consists of an initial selection criteria through a personal statment, second selection criteria of an interview and then finally they look at your academic marks (your uai + GPA gained at first yr of uni)
To be realistic, apparently 600 tried out for last yrs non current entry into this course (heard it directly from the student admin at dab faculty) and they choose about 50 to interview from the statements and then finally about 10~15.

Good luck with your hsc :)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
From what juni said yeh it's better to get in straight after ur hsc (so work hard) then trying to go through all the tough selections later on.

Mind you that there are some tafe students who finished X years of their design course before going to uni. So maybe those ones get in, and you may not (after say, one year of tafe etc)

Once again, if you have a the talent and work hard, you'll probably get what you want at the end. :)

Jezzi

HSC
There are many private providers that offer fashion design, and sometimes thats better than going to university. East Sydney TAFE is a good one and it's quite competitive. When I was in year 12 I did a work shop with the Whitehouse School of Fashion and Interior Design, and they are excellent. Also, you could try and get into a related course at UTS or another institution with a lower cutoff like B Design, Vis Comm, Visual arts etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)