Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread (Table of Contents on First Post)

HSC

Re: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread

Subject Name: Accounting for Business
    Subject Number: 22107
    Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Accounting)
    Semester: Autumn 2008
    Ease: 6/10
    The subject wasn't too difficult if you did the work, but was by no means easy. There is a fair bit of content, as financial and management accounting are both covered, where in other unis these are split over two subjects. The final exam especially required you to work very fast
    Lecturer: 10/10
    Both Jon and TK were fantastic, although TK won't be taking the subject any more
    Tutor: 4/10
    I didn't find the tutes beneficial at all, but I was option C (10% class mark) so I had to go
    Subject Coordinator: 10/10
    Interest: 6.5/10
    I'm not an accounting type of person, and I thought I would hate this subject, however it was very bearable, mostly because of the lecturers
    Overall: 7/10

Subject Name: Managing People and Organisations
    Subject Number: 21129
    Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Management)
    Ease: 8/10
    Most of the subject I found very easy, with the group presentation and individual assignment marked quite easily in my opinion. The final exam had a lot of questions that were really random, relying on knowing rather obscure facts. Most people had already almost passed going into the final though.
    Lecturer: 7/10
    He was not bad, but I just found the subject incredibly boring
    Tutor: 6/10
    Subject Coordinator: Never met her, she lectured at Kuring-gai
    Interest: 5/10
    Overall: 6/10

Subject Name: Marketing Foundations
    Subject Number: 24108
    Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Marketing)
    Ease: 7/10
    Wasn't difficult, but required you know quite a lot of terms. The group assingment wasn't too bad, although our group went very badly in it, as we were extremely unorganised
    Lecturer: 7/10
    Tutor: 5/10
    Subject Coordinator: 7/10
    Interest: 7/10
    Lots of people hate the subject, but I found it alright, and I'm considering a marketing major

Subject Name: Economics for Business
    Subject Number: 25115
    Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Economics and Finance)
    Ease: 8/10
    Having done Economics in the HSC, this was a lot easier than it would have been for others who hadn't. However, even if you've done the HSC course, there is quite a lot of new stuff, especially graphing, so ou should still attend lectures and tutes and keep up with the work. I found My Atlas useful, as it forced us to do some work each week, and it didn't seem too difficult to get 9/10 for the MyAtlas mark, only needing to get about 75% of the questions
    Lecturer: 8/10 and 6/10
    Both were good, but I found the first one made it easier to understand everything
    Tutor: 9/10
    Easily the best tutor I had this semester
    Subject Coordinator: 8/10
    Interest: 9/10
    My favourite subject of the semester, even though I had done a lot of it in the HSC
    Overall: 9/10
    Last edited by spence; 17 Jun 2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Constantine likes this.

I saw Wedding Crashers, accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theatre. After an hour I figured I was in the wrong theatre but I kept waiting. That's the thing about bear attacks, they come when you least expect it.

HSC

Re: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread

Thankyou Malfoy and Spence.
    I've added a table of contents on my first post of this thread.

B Business (Accounting)/B Computing (Mobile Computing) [Graduand]
    University of Technology, Sydney

HSC

Re: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread (Table of Contents on First Post)

Subject Name: Fluid Mechanics
    Subject Number: 48641
    Faculty: enginering
    Semester: spring 08
    Ease: 10/10. however if this subject was to be run by proper teachers, is should be one of the most hardest subjects in the course.
    Subject Coordinator: Dr Phuoc Huynh
    Interest: 0/10
    Overall: 100/10

the most fucked up subject i have ever done at uni. i did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THIS SUBJECT. i got a whole bunch of notes from MUSK (musk = best. even though we have our differences LOLZ) and worked off that. and when i say "worked off" i mean....CTRL-C + CTRL-V. all my assignments were plagiarized bullshit. in one of my reports i wrote "f*ck this subject is piss easy. i bet your not going to read this. fluids = fail. cheers". i got 9/10 for that report. fucking legend. anyways, i was siting on 38%/45% BEFORE THE FINAL EXAM.
    final exam was 55%. open book exam. exam had 4 question. each with 25 marks each. I HAD 3 QUESTION ON ME. SYMETRICALLY IDENTICAL. WITH SOLUTIONS.

the rest as they say is history.

Musk told me not to waste my time to attend lectures and just rock up to tutorials. anways, i did rock up to all the lecutures and tutorials till the mid sem. after realizing that im pulling off marks that compare me to the greats of Einstein i just figured there is no point in rocking up to ANYTHING. and thats what i did till the end of the semester.

edit: LOL fluid mechanics, i was shitting bricks when i attended the first lecture. what a fucking joke.

this is an official BigBoyJames subject review. certified and authorized by myself.
    Last edited by King.BBjames; 19 Jan 2009 at 4:40 PM.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Subject Name: Equity & Trusts
    Subject Number: 70517
    Faculty: Faculty of Law
    Semester: Spring, 2008
    Ease: 5/10 - there is a LOT of content in this subject, but the lecturers/tutors make it easier to digest (I didn't have to read the textbook).
    Lecturer: 9/10 - amongst the best lecturers I've had at UTS, because they are incredibly smart, well spoken and organised.
    Tutor: 9/10 - Ludmilla kind of dumbed things down for us from the lectures, which was good. Also provided helpful tables.
    Interest: 9/10 - kind of rounds up all the subjects you've learnt so far, because now we actually know what it means when they keep referring to EQUITY, lol.
    Overall: 9/10.

Tutor Tales
    http://www.tutortales.org
    A blog for tutors, students, teachers! English resources, Law notes and more...

A Food Fable
    http://afoodfable.com/
    A Sydney blog about food from two different perspectives.

HSC

i want my review on the contents page.

HSC

Subject Name: The Biosphere
    Subject Number: 91107
    Faculty: Faculty of Science

Semester: Autumn, 2008

Ease: 8/10 - this subject is pretty much an environmentalism subject. It is pretty much teaching about how humans have impacted the earth, and what we can do to help against global warming/climate change. It is pretty much almost common sense what is taught, and you shouldn't have too much of a hard time with the subject. Also combines very basic biology.

Lecturer: 7/10 had various lecturers - the main being the subject head - Alex Pulkownik - she is very passionate about the subject, which helps keep you interested, and she also present the material in eay to follow methods, but sometimes it is a little babyish.

Tutor: 10/10 - Chris and James - forgot their surnames. Any problem I had they would take the time out to sit there and make sure I fully understood it.

Subject Coordinator: 8/10 Alex Pulkownik

Interest: 7/10 - pretty average, but the lectures about endangered species and animals very much caught my attention as i like learning about animals anyhow.

Overall: 7/10 whilst I like learning about environmentalism and what we can do to help out, I didnt see how it was relevant for me to take the subject when I am a biomedical science student. It would make sense if I was an ecology student or general science degree.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Name: Human Anatomy and Physiology
    Subject Number: 91400
    Faculty: Faculty of Science

Ease: 7/10 - this is a very technical subject, so you are going to be introduce to alot of jargon very quickly, and be expected to know it. There was online tests - which I dont mind, and also some take home exercises, which ou pretty much need the prescribed textbook - but believe me if you are taking a biomedical science or med science degree you are going to need the book later on so do buy it if you can!

Lecturer: 9/10 George Herok - he is just great. He is a surgeon so he gives you the real life stories that go along wih the theory, so you are always given relevant information - sadly he has not discovered the world of pdfs so all slideshows he shows in lectures will turn up on uts online as powerpoints - making it a bitch to download for someone like me who has crappy internet at home!

Tutor: 7/10 - Heba and Jane - they gave you the answers to all the questions at the end of the labs so it helped, but it also just made you feel annoyed that you were there when you could have stayed at home and found the answers in the textbook - but since pracs are essential.. they do a pretty good job at what they do. Helped me out of a pickle many times.

Subject Coordinator: N/A the dude was away all semester doing something for his workplace

Interest: 10/10 - just my personal opinion, so this may be biased. Though if you dont like having technical terms thrown into your face, you may get bored pretty quickly.

Overall: 7/10 whilst it isnt a breeze to get through this course, you will enjoy the labs that include dissection of various organs or other physiological/chemical tests.
    Last edited by demonduckofdoom; 17 Feb 2009 at 1:37 AM.
    I finally made it
    B.Science (Microbiology+Medical Microbiology & Immunology) @ UNSW
    S1: CHEM 1011 | ARTS 1300 | ANAT2241

B.Biomedical Science @ UTS 08-09 (wasn't enough microbiology for me)
    Laboratory Testing Diplomas (Pathology Testing and Food Testing) @ SIT TAFE '07 and '10

HSC

Subject Name: Biocomplexity
    Subject Number: 91123
    [b]Faculty[/b[: Faculty of Science

Ease: 8/10 - basic biology subject - just a tad more difficult than high school biology, you will be fine with this subject

Lecturer: 8/10 various lecturers, but whoever lectured was always passionate about their subject so they made it interesting to learn from.. especially when Andy was lecturing

Tutor: 7/10 - forgot their names, but they were pretty top notch. Didnt really have to help people out much in labs considering we were doing pretty straight forward tasks

Subject Coordinatorr: 8/10 Andrea Leigh. Always friendly with a great attitude and always tries to assist you and not make you feel like a moron

Interest: 7/10 - pretty average,but I enjoyed the letures about animals (see above post)

Overall: 8/10 - pretty easy subject to get through. I had to go through in class quizzes, which you had to do otherwise instant fail. Also there was a major project you had to complete than write a report about - pretty simple again. If you enjoy biology or dont mind it, you will like the class.
    I finally made it
    B.Science (Microbiology+Medical Microbiology & Immunology) @ UNSW
    S1: CHEM 1011 | ARTS 1300 | ANAT2241

B.Biomedical Science @ UTS 08-09 (wasn't enough microbiology for me)
    Laboratory Testing Diplomas (Pathology Testing and Food Testing) @ SIT TAFE '07 and '10

HSC

Does anyone have subject outlines for Engineering Related subjects, particularly first year subjects? All the above engineering subjects links don’t seem to be working.

HSC

Started writing these reviews late last year but never got around to actually posting them:

Won't drop any names - idk, if you really wanted to know who said lecturers are, you could probably look up the subject outline. I don't think I've said anything particularly harsh, but still, I'd rather not have bricks from lecturers come crashing through my window (or something like that...). By the way, you can find a list of subject coordinators on the Science Faculty website. Now if only you could find subject outlines too...

Subject Name: Cell Biology and Genetics
    Subject Number: 91161
    Faculty: Faculty of Science (Department of Medical and Molecular Biosciences)
    Semester: Autumn 2009

Ease: 7/10 There's a lot of content to learn, and if you don't keep up in lectures, it's quite easy to fall behind. The online tests were horrible, even if you had all your lecture notes, the textbook, and your prac notes, there were some questions you just couldn't find answers to. Even when I searched them up on Google, I couldn't find answers. Final exam was thankfully nowhere near as hard.

Lecturer
    : 7/10 Very mixed reviews for the lecturers here. We had so many of them... First lecturer we had was really enthusiastic about the subject, except she only took us for the first lecture and one week towards the end of semester. Too bad about that, it would have been really awesome if she did more of the lectures.

Second lecturer wasn't as great, but once you get past her annoying personality and the fact that she went through it all at the speed of light, she made the content easy to understand and remember. Halfway through the semester however, she left us for dead (apparently she only lectures biochemistry) to be replaced again by several other lecturers. Each lecturer had a different approach to the subject, and so there was a lot of variation in the lecture notes, etc. Consistency plz.

Tutor: 9/10 Had an awesome and really helpful tutor for this subject

Subject Coordinator: 6/10 Was somewhat helpful, but had this really strict, "srs business" demeanour about her. Reminded me of Penny Wong *shudders*. imo, it made her hard to approach. She always looked like she'd put out your lights if you looked at her sideways. [New coordinator in 2010. lol]

Interest: 8/10 Overall a fairly interesting subject. The biochemistry part (the first few weeks) can be a bit tedious, but the lecturer we had for that made it easier to understand and get through. The rest of it is quite interesting, a bit on evolution, genetics - basically what you'd expect from a first year microbiology subject.

Overall: 8/10

---

Subject Name: The Biosphere
    Subject Number: 91107
    Faculty: Faculty of Science (Department of Environmental Science)

Ease: 8/10 Really easy to understand and remember the content - most of it's just common knowledge anyway. The prac reports were easy enough to write up, and you can mostly BS your way through them. Final exam wasn't too bad, and the tutorials/pracs were just easy marks.

Lecturer: 8/10 Had a few lecturers, but they were all quite good. Each were experts in the topics they did, and were enthusiastic about it.

Tutor: 9/10 Funtimes were always had in classes. My tutor managed to make the content more interesting and relevant.

Subject Coordinator: 8/10 Was also our lecturer for most of the subject. Was quite helpful. [New coordinator in 2010, who imo is one of the best lecturers I've had (had him for 2 weeks in Biocomplexity). I hope you kids are happy, you stole (who would have been) our statistics lecturer D:<]

[LOLOLOLOLOL I know someone doing The Biosphere this year, and I checked out the UTS Online discussion boards. I love how much of a troll your lecturer is. Anything that gets mentioned in a lecture that's even only remotely controversial gets a bitch thread on the discussion boards by some random first year. I'd do this subject all over again if only to join in the trolling XD]

Interest: 7/10 For me it was somewhat interesting, but irrelevant (I'm a biomedical science student). Overall, was fun, and got me an easy credit.

---

Subject Number: 91123
    Faculty: Faculty of Science (Department of Environmental Science)
    Semester: Spring, 2009

Ease: 8/10 A lot of content to memorise, but it's not too hard to get through. Just make sure you take notes in lectures, because the slides that get posted on UTS Online are usually quite brief.

Lecturer: 9/10 We had 3 lecturers - one for each main topic: plants, evolution/systematics/protists, and animals, and quite honestly, this subject would be dead boring without them. Kudos to them for making this subject easier to put up with. They made what would otherwise be a dreary subject fun, and sympathised with our plight - "Don't worry, I'm falling asleep up here myself". Also, I was in the Friday lecture classes, so comments on the fact that it was a Friday evening were often made. And about the attendance - or lack thereof ("I *swear* it's not my fault that the class is this small..."). Learned here that smaller class sizes are always, always always better. Funtimes were always had in lectures.

Tutor: 7/10

Interest: 8/10 See comment on lecturers. Interesting, but again, not really relevant to my major. I'm sure plants are fascinating (as the lecturer we had for that kept reiterating), but they're not really going to do much to help me in a biomed major... (or will they? *cue dramatic overture*)

---

Subject Name: Physical Aspects of Nature
    Subject Number: 68041
    Faculty: Faculty of Science (Department of Physics and Advanced Materials)
    Semester: Spring 2009

Ease: 8/10 Basic Physics course. Some found it hard, but since I did HSC Physics, I found it really easy. Just make sure you go to lectures and tutorials, and you'll be fine.

Lecturer: 9/10 Three lecturers, all are senior lecturers in Physics, so they definitely knew their stuff.

Tutor: 10/10 for tutorials (had one of the lecturers for tutorials), 7/10 for pracs

Subject Coordinator: 9/10

Interest: 7/10 Most of the content is the same as HSC Physics, so I didn't really pay attention in lectures. Although in one of the mechanics lectures, a tennis ball was thrown around the lecture hall... And one of the lecturers brought a piece of radioactive material to class D:

Last edited by squeenie; 18 Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM.
    B Science (Biomedical Sci) IV, UTS
    OMGWTFHAXXORZ
    #bos on irc.au.austnet.org
    Discussing all types of crazy crap since 13/12/08
    Come and join the madness... we have fairy bread!
    ...goon guzzler?

HSC

Posting these instead of studying for accounting 2 and business statistics yay!

Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Management)
    Semester: Autumn, 2009
    Ease: 8/10 - most of the principles were pretty much common sense, although I found the slight bias against corporations a bit disconcerting.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - was very helpful and gave lots of advice about the 2 essay assignments
    Tutor: 9/10 - balanced the slight bias with a slightly more pro-corporation approach. Tended to integrate alot of real life examples. Shame that he doesn't teach MPO anymore
    Subject Coordinator: 7/10 - same as lecturer
    Interest: 8/10 - I liked this subject and found it to be interesting
    Overall: 7/10 - was considering a management major until I looked at the other subjects which seem dead boring.

Subject Name: Accounting for Business
    Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Accounting)
    Ease: 6/10 - principles were ok so long as you did the work
    Lecturer: 10/10 - Jon Tyler is awesome, enough said. The dry content was made tolerable.
    Tutor: -infinity/10 - she couldn't speak english properly and tutes finished in 15 minutes, was the worst tutor I've encountered so far at uni.
    Subject Coordinator: 10/10 - same as for lecturer
    Interest: 3/10 - I just don't like accounting.

Subject Name: Business Law and Ethics
    Subject Number: 79203
    Ease: 6/10 - this topic is doable if you do all the weekly reading and in class questions, if not, then you're stuck
    Lecturer: 7/10 - got through the information fairly well although tended to say 'alright' alot
    Tutor: 7 /10 - lecturer was tutor
    Subject Coordinator: 7/10 same as lecturer/tutor
    Interest: 9/10 - being a business law student I found this subject to be really interesting and look forward to the other law components

Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Economics)
    Ease: 6/10 - some of the principles in this subject were really hard to get initially such as cross price elasticity but the more questions and engagement with the readings you have, the better you will do. I found that doing economics for HSC made no real difference.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - got through the content and was helpful in answering questions
    Tutor: 7/10 - he was hilarious and made tutes more interesting, although you kind of feel stupid because he explains things in such a way that you feel stupid. But I was in the 'smart' tutorial so it was okay.
    Subject Coordinator: 7 /10 - same as lecturer
    Interest: 4/10 - I'm just not interested in this subject in general and definitely as a major
    Overall: 7 /10 - it was doable and the final exam wasn't that bad. I hated the MyAtlas weekly questions though.

Ease: 7/10 - if you can regurgitate the textbook you will be fine
    Lecturer: 2/10 - I didn't like the lecturer as she just read off the slides, thus alot of people ended up not going to lectures and getting Ps, Cs and Ds. The attempt to encourage attendance by leaving blanks was stupid because more often than not they were directly cut and paste from the textbook.
    Tutor: 4/10 - was a funny guy but really provided no assistance, answered questions about the assignment in a really roundabout way
    Subject Coordinator: 2/10 - same as lecturer
    Interest: 2/10 - I hate theory based subjects like this one.
    Overall: 3/10 - My largest gripe would have to be with the marking of the marketing poster assignment, where getting a marker was akin to Russian Roulette, there were really laid back ones and then there were the super strict ones.

Subject Name: Legal Method and Research
    Subject Number: 70120
    Ease: 5/10 - required a bit of reading (not much compared to other law subjects such as torts) and some of the introductory analysis and navigation of online law databases could do your head in initially, but the more you do, the more ok it is. The analysis part was extremely challenging.
    Lecturer: 8/10 - there were seminars rather than lectures, my seminar leader was the subject coordinator - she was nice and helpful, had many ways to ensure you did the work. Most people did the work anyway because of the participation requirement.

The Research teacher was okay but tended to give out notes rather than explain.
    Tutor: 8/10 - see above
    Subject Coordinator: 8/10 - answered questions when asked fairly quickly.
    Interest: 5/10 - I strongly recommend going to the legal research classes because they help you with all the different law databases, case noting etc. which is CRUCIAL skills for law students and lawyers.
    Overall: 7/10 - learned about some really interesting concepts and cases such as the wrongful birth ones like Harriton v Stephens.

Subject Name: Perspectives on Law
    Ease: 5/10 - some of the philosophy and history of law encountered here is enough to make you go 'wtf' such as the feudalism land ownership system. There is a MASSIVE amount of readings for each seminar.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - again seminar formats. Seminar leader was nice but too nice, meaning she couldn't control the class. She was really helpful when it came to explaining why your essay sucked though, which helped.
    Tutor: 7/10 see above
    Subject Coordinator: 5/10 - didn't really contact her so I can't say much.
    Interest: 5/10 - history of law is very boring and confusing.
    Overall: 4/10 - they mark really harshly for the assignment and final exam, which required you to write 3 essays in 2 hours with no reading time. The questions were killers though, so be wary of them.

See, you don't have to go to uni to get a degree!

2010: B Bus/LLB at the University of Technology, Sydney (II)

asz
    HSC
    N/A

I checked this thread out at the start of the year looking for some law subject reviews and there wasn't many. So decided i would come back and add some when i had done them.

1. Legal Method & Research

Semester: Autumn 2012
    Ease: 6/10 - I found the subject fairly straight forward, but I also know some people struggled with it. Since the course is taught in 4 weeks, it is quite easy to just forget about the subject until the final exam. I studied night before for the final but was given some very good course notes to take into the exam so that helped alot. Assessment included participation 20%, mid semester exam 30% and final exam 50%.
    Lecturer: 3/10 - I had Francis Johns who was the course coordinator. I didn't like his teaching style and he constantly goes off on irrelevant tangents. I would probably enrol in a a class with different teacher. Also, he didn't give anyone in the class good class participation marks, even though some contributed very well and frequently. I know of other students in other classes who said they and their classmates hardly contributed yet were given stellar marks.
    Interest: 7/10 - This subject is focused on providing you with legal research skills that you will need for your law degree, introducing you to the various databases, and also provides a introduction into analysing cases and other things including what the Ratio is, what Obiter is, statutory interpretation etc
    Overall: 6.5/10

2. Perspectives on Law

Subject Number: 70115
    Ease: 6/10 - If you are good at essay writing then this subject shouldn't be too bad for you. Assessment included 30% essay, 20% participation and 50% final exam (2 essays 25% each). They generally mark quite tough in the essay and also in the final exam, with themajority of people in the PS-lower CR range. For the final exam you have 2 hours for 3 essays, you need a really good set of notes to take in with you on all the topics covered. I also found that attempting the past final exam questions and taking them in with you really helps as some questions could be similar.
    Lecturer: 9/10 -Frances Simmons was really great as a seminar leader for this subject, she encouraged class participation, and gave quite fair participation marks. She had great knowledge of the course material.
    Interest: 7/10 - The course includes alot of early English history which could be really dull, but quite important come the final exam. It also deals with things like the various theories such as feminist theory etc, ethics.

3. Contracts

Subject Number: 70211
    Ease: 5/10 - By far the most difficult of all introductory law subjects and much more detailed and complex than both method and perspectives. Assessment includes presentation + written submission 20%, mid semester exam 20%, and final exam 60% (3hrs). Mid semester exam (40 m/c) was not difficult at all, but i have heard that they have changed assessment of Spring 2012. Final exam is quite tough, you will have to manage your time really well otherwise you will run out of time- this is why most people will struggle being the first comprehensive law subject they will had done. If your notes are not all organised and you are familiar with the concepts and relevant cases you will struggle in this course.
    Lecturer: 8/10 - I did not attend the lectures, I listened online, and seemed to be Ok. Seminar leader Chris Croese was a great teacher, knew the material well, and conducted the class well as well.
    Interest: 6/10 - Was interesting but also quite difficult as it is the first problem solving based subject you will encounter in your law degree.

4. Real Property

Subject Number: 70317
    Semester: Spring 2012
    Ease: 4/10 - A very difficult subject they decided to make even harder by making exams for the subject closed book. Had a higher failure rate as an open book and a genius thought more people will pass as closed book. Some of the topics you will find interesting and easy, but most are dull and difficult. Trying to remember a large number of cases of the final without mixing them up or forgetting them was tough as well. Assessments 20% in class tests (easy, given problem solving questions prior to exam, you have to answer in class), Mid Semester exam 40% 2hrs (more easier topics than final, closed book, was still difficult), Final 3hrs (harder topics than mid semester, problem solving without any material to refer to except a list of cases and relevant sections of the statutes). The subject gets scaled as the majority of people get quite crap marks for it.
    Lecturer: 6/10 - Geoff Moore- coordinator, he was good, and he also wrote the textbook which is written in a way that is easy to follow. Stupid decision to make the course closed book. I heard they are going back to open book from Autumn 2013, but am not 100% sure.
    Interest: 4/10 - I was not interested in property law,
    Overall: 5/10

5. Criminal Law

Subject Number: 70218
    Ease: 6/10 - The course is very interesting and along with Torts is what you would think your getting into when studying law. Assessment 20% participation, 30% assignment and 50% final. Assignment is quite complex and tough and on homicide, and they mark it very hard. Final exam covers the remainder of topics after homicide including larceny, fraud, assault, sexual assault, intoxication, complicity, joint criminal enterprise etc. It is a 2hr exam, will need good notes and to manage your time, the exam includes one compulsory question 25%, and have to answer 2 of 5 option questions 12.5% each. If you have a good understanding and good notes to follow you should do ok in the subject. The main thing that students face is that due to the time constraints, they forget certain issues in the problem based questions and lose marks for it.
    Lecturer: 6/10 - I had Charlie Peevers, she encouraged students to contribute in class by way of putting student into groups and then making them do class presentations 3 times throughout the semester.
    Interest: 7.5/10 - As I have said most people find the subject very interesting
    Overall: 6.5/10

6. Torts

Subject Number: 70311
    Ease: 6/10 - The concepts are not too difficult but there is alot of material to cover. The assessment included class participation or essay (20%- the higher of the two is counted and doubled so that its worth 40%, you can choose to attempt just one but that will be your mark doubled). I found that it is easier to get higher marks in the class participation then in the essay, so I would recommend you choose that one. The final exam is tough, it is 3hrs, 2 problem questions that each covers 1.5 pages, there is no reading time so you have to read the question, identify which party is suing who, and there is often about 6 parties you have to advise for each question. Time is always going to be a problem and I do not think many people will be able to finish the exam, so it is important to cover the major and most important things first. I have heard that the final exam gets scaled. I did the essay, it is research based, although not too difficult to research and answer, they tend to mark hard.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - I had Tim Paine who was really good, and he has also written the Q&A torts book.
    Interest: 7.5/10 - Quite an interesting subject, and along with Perspectives on Law and Criminal law probably the most interesting you will do in first year.

For all subjects: good notes of material and cases, a good understanding of material, and manage your time in exams with most time to most important concepts, and you should do really well.

If anyone wanted to know anything else about these subjects let me know and i will do my best to answer.
    Last edited by asz; 17 Dec 2012 at 8:31 PM.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Subject Name: Integrating Business Perspectives
    Subject Number: 26100
    Faculty: Business
    Semester: Autumn 2011
    Ease: 9/10 - Content was really basic, there was more of a focus on the integration of the different types of business. But everything was marked super easy because this was the first time this subject was introduced.
    Lecturer: Probably went to 1 or 2 lectures so can't really say much here.
    Tutor: 3/10 - Can't remember his name, but he was vague with everything, and gave very little feedback with the essay and group assignment.
    Subject Coordinator: Can't remember at all, sorry!
    Interest: 4/10 - really not very interesting at all

Subject Name: Accounting for Business Decisions A
    Ease: 7/10 - really not that difficult if you did your work every week. But due to the large amount of content, definitely not a subject to cram at the last minute.
    Lecturer: 10/10 - both lecturers were fantastic, made accounting lecturers really entertaining whilst helpful.
    Tutor: 2/10 - could not understand his accent at all, but still had to go to them because of the 10% tutorial mark option.
    Subject Coordinator: N/A
    Interest: 6/10 - although a very dry subject, the lecturers made it that little bit more interesting

Subject Name:Business Statistics
    Subject Number: 26134
    Ease: 9/10 - again, really easy if the work was done every week. I did general maths for the HSC and still managed to get an HD, so it's all about how much effort is put into this subject.
    Lecturer: 8/10 - great at explaining concepts, and plenty of examples done in the lectures to be able to understand.
    Tutor: 0/10 - his accent was so thick that I gave up going to the tutorials after week 2, and went to UPASS instead lol.
    Interest: 6/10 - not really interesting at all, but still an easy subject.

Ease: 7/10 - I found this a lot easier because I did HSC Economics, but there is still quite a lot of new content. From all the people I've talked to who didn't do HSC economics, they found this pretty difficult
    Lecturer: 7/10 - alright lecturer. drank a lot of water though
    Tutor: 10/10 - most entertaining tutor I've ever had, and was incredibly helpful
    Subject Coordinator: ?/10 - not sure who the coordinator was

more to come soon!
    2010 ATAR 95.75

2011-2015 B Business/B Arts in International Studies - UTS

HSC
    Uni Grad

Semester: Spring 2011
    Lecturer: 2/10 - lectures were a joke. only went to 2 during the entire semester
    Tutor: 7/10
    Subject Coordinator: ?/10
    Interest: 4/10

Ease: 8/10 - memorise the textbook because that's what both the mid-semester and final is entirely based on. the group assignment, also based on the textbook theory, required a little more thought and effort.
    Lecturer: 9/10 - the lectures were interesting, showed a lot of videos which kept me going
    Tutor: 5/10 - the tutorials were pretty much regurgitating the text book.

Subject Name: Accounting for Business Decisions B
    Subject Number: 22207
    Ease: 6/10 - same as with all accounting subjects, only easy if the work is done consistently every week because there is a lot to learn. but this time, there's a MYOB based assignment which is pretty easy to do well in as long as you follow what the handbook says.
    Lecturer: 9/10 - really great at explaining concepts
    Tutor: 1/10 - same tutor as accounting A, accent still impossible to understand
    Interest: 7/10 - content only ever so slightly more interesting than accounting A

Subject Name: Fundamentals of Business Finance
    Subject Number: 25300
    Ease: 7/10 - if numbers, formulas and calculations are your thing, you're in luck. for those who are not, they make it slightly easier by allowing 1 double sided A4 sheet of notes into the exams. it can get confusing though once you start having to do calculations over multiple years..
    Lecturer: 7/10 - good lecturer, however if you're in a small lecture theatre, get there early!! lecturer does NOT like people sitting on the floor and will kick you out
    Tutor: 9/10 - fantastic tutor, Linda someone, explained concepts really well and made sure that everybody understood the content.
    Subject Coordinator: ?/10 - I really don't have a clue who any of the subject coordinators are
    Interest: 6/10 - kind of a boring subject, but there are plenty of people who loved finance, so just my opinion.

Subject Name: Foundations of International Studies
    Subject Number: 976001
    Faculty: International Studies (i think)
    Ease: 9/10 - really easy subject, there's a lot of small % assessments (essay plan, essay, group presentation, weekly quizzes, final exam) so no need to panic if you epically screw up one of the assessments. the essay was marked fairly decently because there are students from every faculty who need to do this subject and so they need to accommodate people from science, engineering etc. who are not as skilled in essay writing as others. weekly quizzes and final exam were both open book, but to do well, you do need to go through the readings thoroughly.
    Lecturer: 4/10 - there were a lot of guest lecturers which made things a little interesting, but the lectures are definitely not vital for the quizzes or exam. also, try not to sit at the back of the lecture theatre because she will call on you to answer things
    Tutor: 7/10 - tough marker, but a pretty good tutor
    Subject Coordinator: 2/10 - very uncooperative about giving lecture recordings, even though the lecture is only about 45 minutes long each week and there is no choice about the day/time since there is only 1 lecture. but again, the lectures are not so important
    Interest: 8/10 - pretty interesting subject overall

Subject Name: Spanish 1
    Subject Number: 97501
    Faculty: International Studies
    Ease: 7/10 - beginner language courses are definitely easier, however there is a LOT to learn and it is really handy to have a friend to practice speaking with.
    Lecturer: /10 - N/A
    Tutor: 10/10 - Luisa - amazing teacher, really patient with everyone, definitely the kind of teacher you want for a beginners language subject.
    Subject Coordinator: /10 - N/A

Subject Name: Human Resource Management
    Subject Number: 21555
    Ease: 7/10 - easy to pass, but requires a lot of effort if you want higher marks (D, HD). don't be fooled by the "easiness" of the mid-semester multiple choice quiz, because it is quite difficult and the average mark was 12/25.
    Lecturer: 9/10 - really knows what she's saying, very knowledgeable
    Tutor: 8/10 - same as lecturer, although at times you wonder what the point of these tutorials are. but if you miss more than 2 tutorials without special consideration, then you fail the subject, no exceptions.
    Subject Coordinator: /10 - same as lecturer/tutor.
    Interest: 7/10 - can get dull at times
    2010 ATAR 95.75

2011-2015 B Business/B Arts in International Studies - UTS

HSC
    Uni Grad

Semester: Autumn 2013
    Ease: 7/10 - This subject is considered as one of the 'hardest' 1st year business subject due to the high failure rate and turnover ratio. However, I believe that the difficulty of this subject is exaggerated and passing is relatively easy if you're consistent with your work - i.e. doing tutorial work prior to attending and reading the textbooks. Do the optional Screencast assignment as it's free marks.
    Lecturer: 9/10 - Jonathan is simply the best, and I found James to be a bit dull (perhaps the 2nd half was content intensive).
    Tutor: 7/10 - Tutorial sessions were short in duration, and thus my tutor couldn't really cover all of the content - homework/hard questions. However, she knew her stuff well. They should perhaps look into extending the tutorial duration for Accounting.
    Subject Coordinator: 8/10 - James Wakefield I believe! Was prompt to reply to my emails and the course was structured well.
    Interest: 7/10 - Jonathan once joked: "If you really like Accounting and have nothing better to do; there's something seriously wrong with you"... and fortunately I hated it!

Ease: 7.5/10 - The subject was easy in the sense that one can BS in the exam and still get at least a Credit if you did reasonably well in the assignments. We mainly needed to learn business law concepts for the exam; and we prepare for this in lectures/tutorials doing practice cases. From what I know; almost everyone had passed the subject prior to attending the final exam. It is how well you BSed that pretty much determined your overall grade in this subject.
    Lecturer: 8.5/10 - Melissa was great; it seemed like she knew her stuff. Did not need to read stuff from the lecture slides and just accentuated what ever knew about the issue/topic in great detail. Prabhu was great; knew his stuff and was actually relating more to the curriculum. Paul was brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed his business law lectures. Stephen (german dude) wasn't bad, but I sometimes had trouble understanding him.
    Tutor: 4/10 - Tutor was such a b**ch, and probably the reason as to why I didn't get a HD in this subject. She marked us so harshly that we had to get our major group assignment remarked by the diligent Melissa (subject coordinator), and we did. She was picking out our tiny faults; e.g. a spelling mistake out of a 12000 words case study.
    Subject Coordinator: 9.5/10 - Brilliant, she was able to empathise with us and the reviewing process worked in our favour Was very prompt to reply to our emails, and to tackle the problems facing our group.
    Interest: 6/10 - Somewhat interesting. I enjoyed the business law part of the subject, rest were pretty boring.

Subject Name: Communications for IT Professionals
    Subject Number: 31265
    Faculty: Information Technology
    Ease: 8.5/10 - Probably one of the easiest IT subjects out there. The group assignment is a barrier to achieving a HD in this subject. However, if you do fine in your individual assignments; you'll do well overall. Involves heaps of essays, presentations/class discussions etc... - hence "Communications". Filming and editing an interview video was fun.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - Had only one introductory lecture in the first week; and he seemed alright.
    Tutor: 9.5/10 - Scott S. is probably the best tutor one can get. He was quite flexible in terms of handing in assignments/re-scheduling presentations. An honest marker, and a friendly tutor.
    Subject Coordinator: 7/10 - Don't know his name, but I think it's the first week's lecturer!
    Interest: 7/10 - It was a bludge, we came to class just for attendance. Content was boring and repetitive. Tutor was funny and enthusiastic; which got us through.

Subject Name: Introduction to Information Systems
    Subject Number: 31266
    Faculty: Information Technology
    Ease: 7/10 - Subject was moderately difficult. You actually had to put in a decent amount of effort to get a good grade overall - D/HD. The final exam (must pass) was really easy. Individual and group assignments were hard to score good grades in; mainly because they marked strictly and properly.
    Lecturer: 8.5/10 - Dr. Aoun explained all the concepts well and pretty much told us what to expected in the assignments/exam!
    Tutor: 9/10 - Another brilliant tutor. Sojen P. is probably the most enthusiastic and friendly tutor you'll ever meet. He is extremely funny. He explained concepts in the simplest way possible, so that everyone understood it.
    Subject Coordinator: 8.5/10 - Chadi A was fantastic.
    Interest: 8/10 - A subject that you can easily apply to the real world. Easy to grasp content, and realistic exams in lectures/tutorials.
    Overall: 8.5/10
    Last edited by Safraaz; 23 Feb 2014 at 3:56 AM.
    2014: Bachelor of Commerce Bachelor of Laws (USYD)
    2013: Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Science in IT (UTS)
    2012: High School Certificate (HSC)

HSC

Ease: 9/10 - If you pay attention in the lectures and keep your tutorial work consistent, this subject is wonderfully straightforward. There is even a bonus assignment where you can get 10 extra marks to add on-top of your overall grade. Difficulty of the subject is over-rated entirely imo.
    Lecturer: Jonathon - 10/10 | James - 9/10 (James was a little more boring, but the way he explained things was so effective I almost didn't need to read the textbook.
    Tutor: 8/10 - My tutor was very obviously new to tutoring, but that was okay since he was very knowledgeable and approachable and always took his time to make sure we followed everything! What was annoying was that I was one of the few people who contributed to the class discussion, but that's not his fault.
    Subject Coordinator: 9.5/10

Ease: 8/10 - The subject itself is pretty easy, but learning it is un-fulfilling and incredibly unengaging. In fact, I often found myself questioning whether I had even learnt anything after lectures and tutorials.
    Lecturer: 7/10 - Melissa | 7/10 - Ralf | 8/10 for the Law guy (I forgot his name unfortunately)
    Tutor: 3/10 - She didn't really do anything of use to us in the tutorials. Photocopied the tutorial slides, never checked if we had the tutorial work completed, never really helped anyone out, and then proceeded to mark our assignments harsher than any class I heard of. Our average was always below the overall average, and there was nothing helpful in the comments she gave that would let us improve our work.
    Subject Coordinator: 9/10 - I didn't have much to do with her but I could tell she cared.
    Interest: 4/10

Lecturer: Ace Simpson - 9/10 | Josserand - 9/10 (They were both absolutely brilliant and elaborate!)
    Tutor: 8/10 - he was a nice guy but sometimes seemed to ramble off a little too much.
    Interest: 7/10 - Most of the course is okay, though not always engaging.

Subject Number: 23115
    Ease: 8.5/10 - I didn't do Eco in HSC but I was able to pick it up pretty quickly. Achieved a HD in the end, and I must admit I didn't feel challenged at all except for trying to deal with my non-commital group for the assignment.
    Lecturer: Elizabeth Savage - 8/10 | Mei Dong - 8/10 (had a little bit of an accent though) | I forgot his name, I think it's Michael - 10/10 - He explained everything very very clearly and even drew diagrams that you often must consult in economics to help us through.
    Tutor: 5/10 - The usefulness and purpose of the tutorials are questionable... you get some questions weekly and you get the answers to them in the lesson with explanations if you need it. But these answers and explanations are provided online anyway...
    Subject Coordinator: 8/10 - not sure who the coordinator was, but they posted regular updates and stuff that was relevant to us like statistics of how people went overall in the subject online tests.
    Interest: 7.5/10
    Overall: 7/10 - I don't like that it was so easy that there was regularly a Distinction average. My tutor mentioned that the subject had a 30% fail rate, which I find incredibly hard to believe and given the Distinction average in every exam/assignment, the numbers don't add up either. But economics is economics and overall quite enjoyable.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread + Searchable PDF

Ease: 7/10 - As long as you are consistently doing the work from tutorials and attend lectures, this subject should not be overwhelming as a lot of people (including myself) think that this is hard.
    Lecturer: Jonathan - 10/10 - Most hilarious lecturer I have so far in uni and I'm sure everyone agrees. His humour makes the lecture fun and very engaging| James - 8/10 (James was a bit boring, but his explanation is good.
    Tutor: 10/10 - My tutor was excellent. She goes through the specific questions people want to get answers from, making tutorial a bit valuable. She explains very well and will try and answer every question you throw at her. She encourages class engagement, thus making tutorial less awkward.
    Subject Coordinator: 9.5/10
    Interest: 8/10 - Though I am not going to major in Accounting, I still find the subject interesting. If you don't like it, you have Accounting B to worry about.

Subject Name:Business Statistics
    Subject Number: 26134
    Ease: 9/10 Again, this subject is a breeze if you put in the effort. If you can remember Year 10 Statistics, HSC General Maths or 2Unit Maths, you'll find this to be easy with a few new concepts. Failure rate could be overwhemling at first (25% failure rate in the mid-sem) but dont let that fool you.
    Lecturer: 8/10 Lecturer is good at explaining concepts. He may run out of time because he goes off-track at some point. But otherwise, easy to understand
    Tutor: 10/10 This guy explains very well. Also uses examples to explain hard concepts.
    Interest: Like maths? then you'll like this subject.

Ease: 10/10 Not sure if you can really call this a subject. It's really easy but not interesting at all.
    Lecturer: 9/10 for the law lecturer. He explains the law concept really well to the point that i was so engaged in it. You may want to sit closer to the front as he does use traditional whiteboard and marker. 7/10 for other lecturers. alright but you'd probably be sleeping if you don't pay attention.
    Tutor: 6/10 Tutorials are most likely a joke. More like a class where everyone can talk and discuss about things other than IBP related content. Tutor read through slides.
    Subject Coordinator: 8/10 Don't know much but she's good
    Interest: 5/10 Not the most interesting subject but you have to pass it..

Ease: 10/10 If you have done economics in high school, you should be getting at least distinction average for this subject, it's that simple. Those who haven't, contents are straight to the point and easy to understand.
    Lecturer: 9/10 Though his accent, his explanations are good. 7/10 she kinda goes off topic after explaining the concept 9/10 most people would say he is boring and dull than the first, but i think he is good at explaining concepts
    Tutor: 10/10 Fun and engaging tutor. he is able to explain concepts well.
    Subject coordinator: 9/10 same as the first lecturer
    Interest: 10/10 Even though it is a straight-forward subject, I had a really good time revising economics again to the point where I am intending to major in Economics. You'll have a good time if you put in effort.
    Overall 10/10
    HSC 2012

Standard English / 2U Maths / Business Studies / Economics / IPT / Japanese Continuers

UTS: Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Arts in International Studies 2013-2017
    Majors: Economics, Finance & Japanese

HSC
    Uni Grad

Ease: 6/10 - The subject can be tricky for those who have not done business studies in high school, though the concepts can be quickly learnt.
    Lecturer: Jonathan Tyler - 7/10, funny teacher who you should never be late to a lecture to, but does waste a lot of time on unimportant stuff during lectures.
    James Wakefield - 7/10, a quality replacement for jonathon tyler, no complaints.
    Tutor: 10/10 - i forget his name but his last name was 'ma' and he was really young and made the class fun and interesting.
    Interest: 8/10 - I thought the subject was interesting, just that the exams were extremely hard, though i guess they mustve scaled the students to make up for it.

Subject Name:Fundamentals of Business Finance
    Ease: 9/10, The subject is well structured, usually with one lecture representing one chapter of the textbook. The exam just involves questions from the homework booklet and with there being a cheatsheet allowed into the exam, having an example of each sort of question makes an exam pretty easy
    Lecturer: 10/10 I was in the morning lecture and the lecturer, (don't know his name but he had blondish/brown hair) was definitely top notch, made the subject a joy to be studying.
    Tutor: 10/10 I had Linda Styles as my tut, she is an excellent tutor, explains the questions well and does not add any unnecessary stress onto the students.
    Interest: 10/10, if you enjoyed 3 unit maths, you will find this subject really fun. the exams are completely mathematical/problem solving based, with no theory questions
    Overall: 10/10

Ease: 6/10, its a great subject if you are the innovative type who hopes to one day own a business. (me not being one of them)
    Lecturer: 5/10, most of the lecturers failed to grab my attention. especially the lecturer for the first couple of weeks
    Tutor: 7/10 A lot of class discussion was done during my tut. the tutor knew her stuff, i just wasn't into what was happening
    Interest: 4/10 One of the most pointless subjects you will ever do, but with the amount of easy marks available just for getting things done on time, it shouldn't be too hard to pass

Ease: 9/10, if you did eco for the hsc, the first 5 weeks will be a bludge, after that the subject gets more difficult with new concepts being introduced.
    Lecturer: 6/10 The economics lecturers failed to grab my attention throughout the semester, though this may be due to the concepts already being known as i already learnt most of the things during the hsc. They are credited for trying to make the lecturers more light-hearted.
    Tutor: 7/10 the tuts just involve marking the homework questions. must've just been my class where the seats to students ratio was too high and most people had their own table and the class was pretty quiet.
    Interest: 8/10 Getting a good mark for economics shouldn't be too hard, with minimal effort, you can easily manage a credit without having done economics in high school.
    Overall 8/10
    MY HSC 2012 ATAR AIM: 90+

ATAR: 91.05

UTS BUSINESS

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS, PARIS SAINT GERMAIN, EVERTON

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by will_ View Post
    Tutor: 10/10 - i forget his name but his last name was 'ma' and he was really young and made the class fun and interesting.
    Nelson?
    ~

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by brent012 View Post
    Nelson?
    thats it, great tutor he is
    MY HSC 2012 ATAR AIM: 90+

ATAR: 91.05

UTS BUSINESS

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS, PARIS SAINT GERMAIN, EVERTON

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by will_ View Post
    thats it, great tutor he is
    I had him too, he was a really good tutor.
    ~

HSC
    Uni Grad

Ease: 7/10 I got 70 per cent (Credit) for the subject. I got 87 per cent in the Mid term Exam, 83.3 per cent in the Group/ Individual Assignment and 48 per cent in the Final exam. For the final exam I only used 37 per cent of my exam time and I managed to get 48 per cent. I wish I had studied harder. If I got 100 per cent in the final exam I would have got 90 per cent (High Distinction) in the subject.
    Lecturers (Ingo Bentrott and Anouche Newman): 9 /10
    Tutor (John Burke):8 /10
    Subject Coordinator (Ingo Bentrott): 9/10
    Last edited by Sathius005; 16 Aug 2013 at 11:37 AM.
    I am a Bachelor of Business student at UTS. UTS is a top one per cent business school in the world. I have achieved an average mark of 50.3 per cent in Bachelor of Business. I came first in Business Law and Ethics at UTS Law school with High Distinction. UTS Law is a top one per cent law school in the world. Others have described me as "the foremost sage of our era".

HSC
    N/A

Crobat who was your tutor for MPO?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by honsaw View Post
    Crobat who was your tutor for MPO?
    Tayyab Amjed

HSC
    Uni Grad

Subject Name: Fundamentals of Business Finance
    Semester: Spring 2013
    Ease: 8/10 - If you love maths like myself, then this subject is not that challenging. Remember money in series from 2 unit maths ? its similar to that but you dont have to write an entire page for 1 question. Consistently doing the homework is my advice here as concepts in one lecture carries on to the next.
    Lecturer: 10/10 The lecturer for the morning lecture explains concepts clearly and consistently applies them in real situations, which makes the lecture engaging. From what I heard by my fellow uni friends, the afternoon lecture is meh.
    Tutor: 10/10 OMG the tutor I had for this subject is really good. Every tutorial, she will make sure that everyone in the class understands the homework. Her explanations are easy to understand and she is willing to answer questions.
    Subject Coordinator: I think its the lecturer for the afternoon lecture.
    Interest: I'm really satisfied with what this subject has offered. Numbers is what im fine with and im going to major in finance because of how good the subject is and future opportunities.
    Overall: 10/10

Subject Name: Managing People and Organisation
    Ease: 6/10 - This subject is theory heavy stuff so no numbers to fiddle around. Both assignments are essays where one of them is worth 50% of the subject. OUCH! If you're not strong in essays, you may have a bad time in this subject.
    Lecturer - 5/10 His accent is so strong I couldn't understand half of what he is saying and thus made the lecture boring and not interesting. 8/10 - Another male lecturer is good, much clearer to understand than the earlier.
    Tutor - 8/10 I had the same guy as the 2nd lecturer and to be honest, he knows his stuff.
    Subject Coordinator - 6/10 A bit of surprise but my tutor is also the subject coordinator. Thus the main problem being that he doesn't do feedback through email, forcing you to attend the tute just to get some feedback. Can be annoying for those that live very far away from UTS. :/
    Interest: 7/10 - I like the subject but there are certain problems that you'll experience. 1st being the weekly readings you read before tutorials. 2nd is attendance records. YES they do mark you away if you don't attend the tute. 3 strikes and you fail the subject. pretty harsh ==

Ease: 10/10 - Heavy content but REALLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND. If you done Business Studies in high school, this subject will no doubt contain stuff you already know. Otherwise, the structure for the lectures and tutes are straight forward. Mainly focusing on the 7Ps.
    Lecturer: 5/10 - This is the first subject where I don't attend every single lecture. First few weeks are ok but overtime, the monotone voice of the lecturer made me sleep halfway through the lecture. You may benefit lectures for marketing if you haven't done business before. Otherwise, this time should be used to focus on other subjects.
    Tutor: 9/10 - The tutor knows her stuff pretty much. Examples are used in every tutorial to make sense of the easy content.
    Subject Coordinator: 5/10 - Same as lecturer
    Interest: 6/10 - Those intending to major in marketing should be able to ace this subject. Otherwise, it's REALLY straight forward and you should be passing this.
    Overall - 6/10

Subject Name:Accounting for Business Decisions B
    Subject Number: 22207
    Ease: 5/10 - You may have survived ABDA, but try to remember the content for it cause it make ABDB less of a hell. Otherwise, this WILL be a lot difficult for you to pass unless you consistently do the homework and understand it well.
    Lecturer: 8/10 - The lecturer is good, IF you are paying attention. He may talk fast which can be hard to keep up. But his explanations are good. ABDB's lectures are recorded that helps a lot especially when you're studying for midsems and finals.
    Tutor: 9/10 - Really good tutor. She makes sure everyone understand what is going on in the homework and the reason behind it. She's also open to any questions, making tutes less awkward.
    Subject Coordinator - 8/10 Same as Lecturer
    Interest: 7/10 Those that don't like numbers may not have a good time with this. ABDB is a tad interesting.
    Overall: 8/10 If you manage to pass both ABDA and ABDB, you won't have to do anymore accounting subjects for the rest of your uni degree, UNLESS you are considering MAJORING in accounting. I may like numbers, but not accounting. Thank goodness I dont have to do it anymore
    zg58 likes this.
    HSC 2012

Standard English / 2U Maths / Business Studies / Economics / IPT / Japanese Continuers

UTS: Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Arts in International Studies 2013-2017
    Majors: Economics, Finance & Japanese

A lover is a best friend Leffife's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Subject Name: Chemistry 2

Ease: 9/10 - People may disagree with me on this, but if you put at least 1 hr at home on this subject each fortnight outside class hours, then you will find it relatively easy. I didn't even do Chemistry at school! You may only lose a few marks when doing physical chemistry but other than that, you should get a bare minimum of Distinction. Either way if you pass, then it's okay. Or maybe it's just me..

Lecturers: 2/10 - Boring.. so I stopped attending the lectures early. I don't know any of the lecturers that did organic chemistry, because I didn't attend any. I stopped attending around the beginning of Thermochemistry. You can give it a shot and you might feel the same as me.

Practicals: 6.5/10 - Nothing really much to say here. It's just the typical long 3-hour classes. Just hurry up, so you can leave a bit earlier.

Interest: 6/10 - The organic chemistry is probably the only thing that I'm partially interested in. Don't expect anything spectacular.

Ease: 7.5/10 - If you even look at your notes outside class, you can expect a Distinction minimum or even HD. No need to even a textbook for this subject.. I just missed out on getting a Distinction because I didn't even read the lectures notes after class. You can guarantee to get a credit by not even having notes. Just make sure you understand what the lecturer is talking about in each lecture. Trust me, you will find this subject a joke.

Lecturers: 7/10 - I didn't attend all the lectures, but at least the lecturers try to make it enjoyable in someway. Frazier only did like a few lectures, but he will always be the only lecturer I don't fall asleep when listening to. The other lecturers are okay.

Practicals: 0/10 - I hated the practicals so much, the only thing I considered was when will this session end!

Interest: 2/10 - Nothing special.

Overall: 4/10

Subject Name: Human Anatomy and Physiology

Ease: 8/10 - Easy but too much memorising. Cramming is doable though, depending on the individual. From my experience, for the mid-sem and final exams, I studied 4 days before both tests so… depending on how fast you study you can make it. For crammers who want to do okay (my case) spend at least 1.5hrs on each topic. Don't stress out! I had a textbook for this though, but rarely used it. Lecture notes will suffice. I found that many people said they found this hard, but I dunno. I guess again it depends on the individual.

Lecturers: 0/10 - Don't bother attending. The lecture guy is funny at times, but it's pointless to attend.

Practicals: 3/10 - Only attend if you got a practical quiz on that day, there is no roll call so it isn't compulsory. I don't know which demonstrator you will get, but the one's I had were BORING.

Interest: 7/10 - I like the medical/biomedical side of things, so I had to somewhat like this. If you are doing a completely different thing, then you may find it not that interesting.

Subject Name: Physical Aspects of Nature

Ease: 10/10 - Many people again struggled with this subject, from what I've heard. It's not a big deal honestly, it is actually simple. Just know the main concepts and how to plug numbers into your calculator. There is no need to spend anymore than a total 3-hour study time for the mid-sem, and the final exam.

Lecturers: 7/10 - You will only be required to select 3 topics in the final exam. Just attend the lectures where they will teach you the topic you are going to select. Attending the lectures may help you, but again it isn't necessary for me. At times the lecture got boring so I left or didn't attend.

Practicals: 1/10 - If the practicals weren't marked then I would totally skip all of them. But probably that's just me because I had a night class.

Interest: 5/10 - Not that bad, so a 5/10 should be enough.

This signature is true

1RM Stats

DL/BP/SQ (kg)
    260.5/179/221

Aim:
    DL/BP/SQ
    270/185/230

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information