Finance courses (exchange student) (1 Viewer)

Josip

HSC
N/A
Dear UTS Students,

as I have the great opportunity to study at the UTS for the upcoming spring semester I am at the moment trying to find courses that fit best with what I want to do.

I am currently at the end of my second year (4th semester), having majors in Int. Finance, Banking Managment and Accounting/Auditing at my home University of Economics and Business Administration in Vienna, Austria.
As I want to do all my courses in the area of Finance I would really appreciate to hear from current students what undergraduate courses you would recommend me. I have had courses on IFRS, Fixed Income, Dynamic Asset Pricing and so on and will have some other courses in the upcoming months like credit derivatives etc..so I will bring some knowledge with me :)..

So far I considered to do the following:

Derivative Securities (25620), Quantitative Business Analysis (25622), Managing Financial Institutions (25409) and Advanced Analysis (35322).
The description provided on every subject is rather short and not specific enough to really know how deeply the topic is covered.

As the UTS offers really a lot of courses in finance I would really appreciate your comments. Graduate courses could be possible, but I don't know if the UTS will let me do them.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mahrita

HSC
you probably would be better off trying in the faculty of science...for the maths & finance students there.....I'm a 2nd year maths & finance student....I would reccomend investment analysis and operations research modelling (I think this is called Introduction to Linear Dynamics or something like that)....Advanced Analysis would be quite hectic if you like maths proofs (boring) hehe but yeh dno about the other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)