BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

Allan vB

HSC
I thought that I might just start this thread as a discussion for people who will be applying in 2008... Discuss away!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

He is talking about those who are going to apply in 2008 lol.

It is a bit early I think Allan..

Allan vB

HSC

It's never too early, if you're really serious... I am prearing, volunteering, having my head shaved for cancer, an active role on the SRC and working VERY hard to get my 95... I repeat, it's never too early...

3li

HSC
N/A

allan wat schol are u from
if ur interested u shuld attend one of those careers fairs or a bacc rep will come to ur school

Allan vB

HSC

3li said:
allan wat schol are u from
if ur interested u shuld attend one of those careers fairs or a bacc rep will come to ur school
I'm on the south-coast at Narooma High School, I thought that the reps only came to the city schools? I like if one would come though. I know that there is an info day later in the year, which I will be going to.

I've been watching the course for over a year now and I really want to get in...

3li

HSC
N/A

fair enough, good luck

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Gday all, I'm Raymond and i'm a 2nd Year from the Bachelor of Accounting course. Just showing my face again this year to promote the program and answer any queries! Still early, but just to note the closing date for 1st round applications is 11th June 2008.

Allan, if possible, see if you can find some other people in your school who are also interested. If there is sufficient numbers, something may be arranged with a couple of reps who live further south.

(I see you're doing it again as well Evan?)

3li

HSC
N/A

ya easy way to get points

Allan vB

HSC

So what would a representative have to offer if they came to the school? Wouldn't want to waste their time. I'd like for one to come, though I mightn't be able to get so many other people who are interested, unfortunatly.

Last year, our YAA company won the national company of the year as well as 5 award for out state, so I'm hoping that it really helps when applying, on June 11... Which other things should I be thinking about at this stage? I'm in the SCR and I'm helping to plan the school dance soming up soon... There are heaps of other things too. I'd just like to know what are the features that make you standout from the others?

raf05

HSC

hi

if you focus on your strengths in these areas, i.e. organising skills from src, and business management skills from yaa, and go into detail with examples of each, during the interview, u should be fine and even stand out from the rest.

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Allan vB said:
So what would a representative have to offer if they came to the school? Wouldn't want to waste their time. I'd like for one to come, though I mightn't be able to get so many other people who are interested, unfortunatly.

Last year, our YAA company won the national company of the year as well as 5 award for out state, so I'm hoping that it really helps when applying, on June 11... Which other things should I be thinking about at this stage? I'm in the SCR and I'm helping to plan the school dance soming up soon... There are heaps of other things too.
From what I hear, you seem to be someone who is very interested and a strong candidate to apply for the course based on some of the things you have done/ are doing. If you are unable to find another other people who are interested, I would be happy to give you a talk & answer any questions via phone/ msgs if you are interested.

Allan vB said:
I'd just like to know what are the features that make you standout from the others?
This goes back to what the BaCC program is essentially trying to recruit: people who not only demonstrate the academic ability, but also the soft skills (Eg. Communication, Teamwork, Leadership) necessary to succeed in a business environment.

So doing what you are doing now is excellent in demonstrating your soft and academic skills, and this is one of the factors in making yourself standout.

dingusmagee

HSC

When do the applications open? i looked on the website and noticed that they said to come back in march, but there are no links to the application forms...

Also does anyone know when the information evening is happening?

Last edited:

redom

HSC

Hmmm as to when the applications are out, im not too sure, but based on last year, it shouldnt be too long till applications are released. Im sure they'll give you at least a month before the June 11 deadline to fill it in.

For those that dont know already, The application form is preety simple compared to the UNSW Co-op program. It's Just 1 A4 page, listing what you've done, and one longer short answer like response on your thoughts on working in the corporate world. I'd imagine this is the most important part of the application!

Goodluckk with it!:)

Allan vB

HSC

I've been getting really involved in the SRC in times of late, esp fundraising. I'm thinking about starting a charity, many applicants that have been selected have started great fundraisers and I have some good friends who will help me there...

We're going to the future leaders' forum next term which is pretty worthless tho it looks good on the resume! Over the last year or so I've been doing SO much more volunteer work, such as playing piano at the community centre every now and then. I've also noticed that many of the selected are accomplished musicians, I've been playing the piano and taking lessons for almost 5 years, another plus. I've been working as a cook in a busy Mexican restaurant for almost two years now, which is good too. Also, my friend and I are working towards to duke of ed gold awards which has been rather fun...

I'm hopeful that I'll get in *hoping*. I'm going to be coming up to UTS with some friends next term just to check it out and see what the actual uni is like. I'll def be wanting to talk to someone who's doing to course, get some pointers!

3li

HSC
N/A

It seems you are not only keen on Bacc, but you have done alot of things of late that will impress the interviewer panel. I personally don't think you will have a problem getting a Bacc interview, considering your activities and academic (?)

but you need to have good people skills and that can't be proved solely on paper. it has to be demonstrated during the interview.

redom

HSC

Hmm yeah, with all your load you should be fine getting an interview. But in saying this, you'll still need a good answer to the last part of the application form-"accounting interest". I'd done quite alot in school and stuff in my years and had great academics, but i wasnt given a first round interview (i got pushed back to the second round). Im assuming my accounting interest answer was poor.

Soo yeah, dont assume with a great past and all that your automatically going to get the interview!I dont mean to freak you out or anything! With everything youve accomplished you should get an interview quite easily. Then its your chance to really impress!

Goodluck with it!:)

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Just an update regarding the link to the application, I've sent an email off to admin, they will fix it up shortly. When the link is back up, you can access the application form at: http://www.business.uts.edu.au/bofacc/application/appform.html

With regards to the information evening, that will be held in June this year. I'll post an update when an exact date is confirmed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)