Final exam in accounting for business (1 Viewer)

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Does anyone know how many questions are in the final exam for accounting? And what sort of questions usually pop up?

The only thing I know right now is that it's going to be 50% theory and 50% pratical questions.

maka

HSC
In the last lecture, they tell you a breakdown of the exam and areas that are important.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Should I tell you about the 5 guaranteed questions in the MC... nah.. this information will only go to my UPASS students =) lol.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Huratio said:
Should I tell you about the 5 guaranteed questions in the MC... nah.. this information will only go to my UPASS students =) lol.
i was about to come to your Upass, hehe, but bumped into a girl, and she was giving info about the finals, albeit I doubt that anything of what she said was true...

like 75 multiple cxhoice questions for part A...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
samuraitor said:
i was about to come to your Upass, hehe, but bumped into a girl, and she was giving info about the finals, albeit I doubt that anything of what she said was true...

like 75 multiple cxhoice questions for part A...
Yeah I heard that from one of my students too. It is about that. It is a really long exam and you have to work fast.
The structure will be given to you by Jon Tyler in the last lecture.

maka

HSC
Okay 75 MC but about 50% of those you can attempt with your eyes closed.

We got a question that was:

Who is the head of the RBA?
1) Ian MacFarlane
2) Tom Petrovsky
3) Paris Hilton
4) Willie Mason
5) Peter Costello

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
maka said:

We got a question that was:

Who is the head of the RBA?
1) Ian MacFarlane
2) Tom Petrovsky
3) Paris Hilton
4) Willie Mason
5) Peter Costello
Yeah - I think I got a similar question to that too.
Answer as of now: None of the above. Glenn Stevens is now the governor of the RBA.

HSC
maka said:
that's somewhat of an exaggeration ^ though i usually say the same after i pass a sub.

There were plenty of easy marks but they weren't that easy or at least i don't remember them being that easy. I found the sa's to be very easy though.

He asked a few general business type questions i think the price of oil may have been asked.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Huratio said:
Yeah I heard that from one of my students too. It is about that. It is a really long exam and you have to work fast.
The structure will be given to you by Jon Tyler in the last lecture.
Besides that, two or three short answer questions and 2 long essay questions. I think Tyler is on holidays and that's why TK is lecturing. Seems like a bit too much for the final exam..:uhoh: Is the exam 2 or 3 hours long?

Donski

HSC
N/A

hmm for practical know your ratios...there were 8 or 9?; payback, arr, npv; cb; em....

mc - current $US; $ oil etc etc etc.

HSC
samuraitor said:
Besides that, two or three short answer questions and 2 long essay questions. I think Tyler is on holidays and that's why TK is lecturing. Seems like a bit too much for the final exam..:uhoh: Is the exam 2 or 3 hours long?
it's always 3, haven't u checked ur exam timetable yet?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
samuraitor said:
TK always lectures the management accounting topics.
Jon Tyler should be back to do the review lecture.

Donski said:

hmm for practical know your ratios...there were 8 or 9?; payback, arr, npv; cb; em....

mc - current $US; $ oil etc etc etc.
You should know most of them- the name of the ratio sometimes gives it away.
Also those capital budgeting ratios- you would be covering in finance too.

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
what did everyone make of what TK was saying at the end of the lecture about his favourite company and the asx etc??

-pari-

HSC
N/A
was that the thursday lecture ? because he made no mention of his favourite company on monday.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Leb$ta said:
wakefield corporation
There is one thing I dont understand, TK mentioned about ASX and BHP about to buy Rio for the final exam, So what was the main point? He also mentioned something about US dollar rate,and oil.

spence

HSC
samuraitor said:
There is one thing I dont understand, TK mentioned about ASX and BHP about to buy Rio for the final exam, So what was the main point? He also mentioned something about US dollar rate,and oil.
I think there might be some multiple choice q's on it. He mentioned that the exam was set about 4 weeks ago, so maybe we should check stats from then

spence

HSC
BowDown2 said:
what did everyone make of what TK was saying at the end of the lecture about his favourite company and the asx etc??
I think he wanted us to look at the bhp share price. Was pretty funny when someone shouted out mcdonalds

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
samuraitor said:
There will be about 5 or so multiple choice q's on it. They will easy marks to score if you did a bit of research on it.

Looking at that it means you should know:
ASX all ords index, BHP share price, RIO share price, what $AUD1 equates to in $USD, and the oil (probably per barrel).

The idea is that you should be aware of some business happenings during the semester. There was a hint of a BHP takeover of RIO sometime this semester, but nothing really happened (some chinese companies are now targeting RIO).

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
Huratio said:
There will be about 5 or so multiple choice q's on it. They will easy marks to score if you did a bit of research on it.

Looking at that it means you should know:
ASX all ords index, BHP share price, RIO share price, what $AUD1 equates to in $USD, and the oil (probably per barrel).

The idea is that you should be aware of some business happenings during the semester. There was a hint of a BHP takeover of RIO sometime this semester, but nothing really happened (some chinese companies are now targeting RIO).
Is there any chance thaat we may get pratical questions based on that info?, Basically, we will get 5 multiple choice questions on every chapter...

The question on 8(4 financial ratios ) should be pretty easy to score.

Does anyone know how strict TK & JT are when marking the final exam? I mean we do not have the exam preleased this time so ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)