Rant (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
I was so keen to apply for UTS for Primary Education.. but its not in city.. its at the other campus near chatswood.. too far for me! how annoying!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Boo fucking hoo.

Lots of people travel to uni in the city from the Blue Mountains or Wollongong. If you really want to do it, suck it up.

louise08

HSC
scarybunny said:
Boo fucking hoo.

Lots of people travel to uni in the city from the Blue Mountains or Wollongong. If you really want to do it, suck it up.
Pfft!! That was a tad unnecessary. I was just having a 'rant'. Don't need to be sworn at.

louise08

HSC
scarybunny said:
Welcome to the internet.
I've been on plenty of forums where I've had conversations without people being rude. So I don't think its the internet which is the problem here.. ha.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm not being rude, really. Post in NS and you'll really learn what rude is.

"Boo fucking hoo" just means that you should man up and not whinge about distance to uni.

How far will it be?

Trajan

HSC
louise08 said:
I was so keen to apply for UTS for Primary Education.. but its not in city.. its at the other campus near chatswood.. too far for me! how annoying!!

Chatswood isn't too far from the CBD.

louise08

HSC
Trajan said:
Chatswood isn't too far from the CBD.
I know its just awkward for me to get too. I travel 50 minutes to school and back, so I was hoping for an easier uni trip. I'll still consider it.. its just annoying because I didn't even know that it was at a different campus until today!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Heh.

I generally have to leave home 90 minutes before class.

It's fine. I get readings done.

Don't let something stupid like distance stop you from doing the course you want to do.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Moved to Ku-Ring-Gai Campus sub-thread.

Comment: You complete your HSC in 2009, so in 2010 (end of it) you could be transferred to the city anyways. UTS has always been in the frame of mind to sell the land for it to be reused for other purposes (e.g. other development).
Read: http://www.uts.edu.au/about/executive/kuringgai/kuringgai_vc.html

Last edited:

Nickytoto

HSC
Yeah, even though you have labelled it as a rant, the bottom line is that it is negative energy and that nobody cares for that. We don't come online to hear whinging, people want to talk and have some fun.

You would be surprised at how many people at K'gai travel 2hrs+ to get to the campus. If you don't want to travel that far you can move, because we're not stopping you... If you're not afraid to basically live as a pauper, youth allowance and rent assistance and one or two shifts a week could make you completely independant. Uni is usually about three days compulsuary study a week, four or five if you attend lecs. But lec slides are all online. It's your choice with your life hon. If you don't want to go to UTS, recognise that this is your own choices impacting your career. Those people travelling so far to K'gai keep at it because of the quality of teaching, practical focus in studying, and continual efforts by the uni to be innovative.

louise08

HSC
Nickytoto said:
Yeah, even though you have labelled it as a rant, the bottom line is that it is negative energy and that nobody cares for that. We don't come online to hear whinging, people want to talk and have some fun.

You would be surprised at how many people at K'gai travel 2hrs+ to get to the campus. If you don't want to travel that far you can move, because we're not stopping you... If you're not afraid to basically live as a pauper, youth allowance and rent assistance and one or two shifts a week could make you completely independant. Uni is usually about three days compulsuary study a week, four or five if you attend lecs. But lec slides are all online. It's your choice with your life hon. If you don't want to go to UTS, recognise that this is your own choices impacting your career. Those people travelling so far to K'gai keep at it because of the quality of teaching, practical focus in studying, and continual efforts by the uni to be innovative.
hahaha grow up. Its a free forum to post pretty much whatever you want. You say you want to have some fun... well then why waist your time replying to my 'negative' post? It was barely negative anyway.. I was just saying that I just found out the uni I loved the look of.. is in a totally different area than what I thought!
Pfft I seriously wonder if people like you have a life.. if you just choose to 'criticize' other peoples posts.

Nickytoto

HSC
louise08 said:
hahaha grow up. Its a free forum to post pretty much whatever you want. You say you want to have some fun... well then why waist your time replying to my 'negative' post? It was barely negative anyway.. I was just saying that I just found out the uni I loved the look of.. is in a totally different area than what I thought!
Pfft I seriously wonder if people like you have a life.. if you just choose to 'criticize' other peoples posts.
I'm feeling pretty confused right now, seeing as I did not write my post to be immature... If anything, you're the one coming off as immature by "laughing" at me when I gave you a serious reply. I replied to your post to sincerely help you.

I've seen it happen to forums before, some whingers start posting threads about some random thing in their lives that have pissed them off, threads start accumulating, pretty soon the entire forum gets full of negativity, people come to chill out but only find shit... Forum dies. Not happening on BOS. It doesn't really matter if it was a little thing, imagine it would be pretty tedious to read this again and again. No you can't post whatever you want, this isn't your journal.

I have a life: a boyfriend of three and a half years, a photography business and I'm halway through a university degree. If you look at my post number I am hardly ever on BOS, I don't comphrehend what context you are using. I didn't criticise you, I told you an alternate options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)