2 Unit bridging course, acceptance (1 Viewer)

Jayking25

HSC
I would like to enrol for the UTS IT degree of Bachelor of science in IT and Bachelor of business, and it is stated that 2 unit mathematics is assumed knowledge, with 3 unit being recommended. If i fail 2 unit mathematics in HSC, or do not do it at all, can i still be accepted into the course if i complete a 2 unit bridging course?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
it is assumed knowledge, but not a requirement.

honestly, there is not alot of maths involved in IT, although you might need some maths if you are thinking about a major in finance or accounting for the business side.

i'm sure there are some bridging courses for 2 unit before the semester starts, you will certainly not be blocked from doing the course if you haven't done 2 unit.

Jayking25

HSC
well i definately am not looking at accounting and finance, thats for sure. appreciate the input

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
If i fail 2 unit mathematics in HSC, or do not do it at all, can i still be accepted into the course if i complete a 2 unit bridging course?
You would still be accepted into the course even if you didn't do the bridging course, assuming all other factors are satisfactory. The only real benefit of taking maths is that it strengthens your ability to think analytically... and that a band 6 in 2u maths will give you 3 bonus UAI points (for IT at UTS).

kangms

HSC
im being serious mate. There are heaps of people who had done General math who's doing Engineering. It doens't really work out but it just makes their life harder that's all.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
im being serious mate. There are heaps of people who had done General math who's doing Engineering. It doens't really work out but it just makes their life harder that's all.
That may very well be true, but this is for IT, not Engineering.

HSC
These students would be flushed out within 2 semester MAX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)