2004 Enrolment Details (20th - 23rd Jan) (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Information for local undergraduate students regarding enrolment can be found here:

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/how_to/new/on_campus/local_undergrad.html

This page has now been updated to include the enrolment schedule, which will run from Tuesday 20th Jan to Friday 23rd Jan for local undergraduate students. This should help you plan your day/time out in advance, since the time you receive your offer and when you enrol is quite a short period of time.

The enrolment schedule can be found here (http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/pdfs/enrolment/uacschedule_04.pdf) if you don't wish to go to that page.

Details on what you need to bring and what happens on the day is also included on that page.

Post any questions you have about enrolment at UTS in this thread.

(The page *may* undergo changes before next week, but will probably stay the same).

(Students other than local undergraduate can access information from here: http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/how_to/new/index.html)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Which day do you think would be best to go on? i.e. which day do you think the least people would be going on?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh you don't get to pick which day you want to enroll. you are told to.

your doing journalism right ash? journalism is on tuesday in the arvo!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Shit thanks for that.... I have to book my flight for then... (I'll wait until I get my actual offer first though lol) it's pretty rough that we need to come up so soon after offers, it's hard for those that live far away from Sydney. I'll have to fly to get there in time, and it's pricey really for one day and one little thing to attend.

So, if I have to be there to enrol at 3pm on Tuesday, is there other stuff that has to be done for enrolment that I can do first before I have to go to my faculty?? Or do I have to go to my faculty first? Because I was going to catch the plane home at about 5 or 5.30 ish and it says enrolment takes about 3 hours? Also, if I can't start enrolment until 3, I think I'll catch a later plane to get there!!!

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I thought students not in the local area (ie Sydney) can make alternate arrangements? Perhaps you should call the uni on Monday and ask them about it...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you read the enrolment page it tells you what you need to do. Basically you just need to bring along what it says, and yourself :). If you live so far away you might be able to make alternative arrangements. Try calling up the uni on Monday.

HSC
hey - im doing the physics bridging course which coincides with my enrolment... could someone please tell me what my options are?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Do you guys think the enrolment at UTS will take as long as at other unis? I don't think a three hour stint in a queue (heehee look at that stupidly spelled word) will suit my constitution. Of course, I'm not entirely sure I want to be an hour and a half early either...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Will anyone be there tomorrow? I'm going to be there around 3.... I'm flying up at 6am and catching the train home that night

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
No fee as far as I know, just student service fees which you can pay later (as far as I know).

Rahul

Dead Member
do you HAVE to be there to enrol? one of my mates is overseas atm, and will be for 20-23 of jan.

what options does he have?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No enrollment fee or deposit for UTS (unlike the sandstone unis) but you do have to pay the administrative and student union fees of (total) $202.50 which is BLOODY CHEAP compared to those same sandstoners.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If he's not here on enrollment day he's SUPPOSED to have singed an authority to enrol on his behalf over to someone else. I guess he should call the university and ask them what they want him to do.

MrA

Do we have to choose subjects, etc on enrolment day? If we do, how do we know which ones we need to do/choose, etc...like for a b.bus course?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, you are supposed to choose all your 'subjects on enrollment, as well as setting your timetable. If you bought a faculty handbook you can look through that and find out which subjects you can do. Once you know what subjects you want to do you can build your timetable of lectures, tutorials and workshops by picking which sessions you want to attend. A master timetable for all subjects will be available on enrollment day.

However, if you're very cheap or didn't know which faculty you'd be in (like me) and didn't buy the handbook all is not lost! Just take a look at THIS thread and you'll find links to the online timetable builder and faculty handbooks. With these you can both find out which subjects you'll be taking AND predetermine your timetable. If you do all this before enrollment day you'll be a lot quicker than the common breed of unprepared dolt. :)

DebuOfCourse

If we simply miss our allotted enrolement day can we attend after it? I know that it says we can do that under the Business faculty but what about the other faculties? Is that a universal thing?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You can, but you risk not being able to get a desireable timetable. That is to say, if you're not in early expect some late nights, early mornings, and weekends at the uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)