any info about nursing at uts?! (1 Viewer)

littlej123

HSC
im interested in b nursing at uts city, anyone doing it? is it good? timetable?

ThievingSix

HSC
I can't speak specifically for the City too much as i'm at kuring-gai but overall the course is really good. The city campus is pretty large and the health labs have lots of interesting tutorials. They seem to have the balance of prac vs theory down pretty well. Only thing you may find difficult is the science component, but as long as you study you'll be fine. The timetable works out to be around 3 days a week, sometimes 4. Normally you'll end up with 4-5 day weekends.

You'll start with basic obs and infection control + basic care and documentation in the first semester. Second semester you'll move on to maths for medication and prep for all that + more complex anatomy/physiology you'll also probably do blood glucose measurement and patient education and interaction. Third semester will be even more complex anatomy/physiology + pharmacology(this is where most people fail), you'll do management of drains, canullas, parenteral meds(injections/tablets/iv therapy), postoperative management and deteriorating patient stuff. 4th semester will be more science(but it gets easier this time), you'll learn about research, older + younger people specific care, catheter insertion, NGT's and in depth patient assessment. I can't speak too much about 5th and 6th semesters, but you get involved in more complex cases.

Every semester you'll do around 1-6 weeks of practical in a healthcare facility/hospital. First semester is 1 week and it builds from there.

EDIT: Just realised this was dead, but info's still valid.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)