What did people think of O-day ? (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

What did everyone think of O day, was it what you expected?

Chris

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
ugh.. i went at 11 and left at 2...

It was as i expected with the freebies.. but everyone was so rushed there wasn't much point.

Like i went to CompSoc to wait for my membership card, the "big" guy told me he'll do it right away coz like i told him i was going to go soon. Anyway, he did it, (I stood right next to him to wait for it) he yelled out my name "Is Se...." I was like.. uh.. yeah that's me.

sheesh, talk about short term memory :p

I really hope it goes well tomorrow wit the science faculty meeting, sure i know people already, but theyre kinda dickheads so i prefer to stir away from them.

Hope everyone meets someone from their course tomorrow and have fun! Just don't sleep in the lecture :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i went today at 11 am as well- it was alright...but i was expecting more freebies...i heard that they handed out usb phone chargers at the dell stand- but this wasn't the case. :eek:

karnevil

HSC
it was very average, too much information, too many pamphlets, not enough time

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I had plenty of time, but I also joined piles of groups.

I am now a member of Red Cross, CREDO, CASS, The UTS Liberals, UTS Labor, MuscUTS and a pending member of EGG, CompSoc, LSS and Anime@UTS.

MiKeY

HSC
It was OK.

I was expecting more 'stuff'. I only got 1 condom. :( lol

I joined the Outdoor Adventure Club, Skiing Club, Forensic and Chemical Society and the Caving Club. I couldn't find a Squash stand! :chainsaw:

Can't wait to go canyoning, abseiling and caving. :D

karnevil

HSC
Lol I joined BizCuts, thats all... the AYBC seemed too vague and intangible to me, as well as the fact that it was almost ENTIRELY based around finance, accounting and banking

I was also looking at the anime club but i was too intimidated by the fact that it seemed very likely i'd be the only white boy/girl in the whole club

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I had plenty of time, but I also joined piles of groups.

I am now a member of Red Cross, CREDO, CASS, The UTS Liberals, UTS Labor, MuscUTS and a pending member of EGG, CompSoc, LSS and Anime@UTS.
how come u b a member of labour and liberal party at the same time? :p

Originally posted by MiKeY
It was OK.

I was expecting more 'stuff'. I only got 1 condom. :( lol

LoL- u should've asked me, i was throwing them in the bin, and some of my friends kept it for practical joke purposes. ;)

Dave85

HSC
I joined bizcuts 2. It wasnt wat i epxected. not as much free stuff as i though. there were way 2 many pamplets ...most of which i've just chucked. i hope the business faculty welcome on fri will be better

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
I was also looking at the anime club but i was too intimidated by the fact that it seemed very likely i'd be the only white boy/girl in the whole club
Haha.. yeh.. I felt like that a bit too at some of the stalls. I was also the only non-asian person in the computer room that I went into (in Building 10).

And no, I'm not being racist.. My best friend is asian. T'was just an observation. :)

karnevil

HSC
I couldn't have any less of an aversion to asians - I studied Japanese and love the country, my girlfriend is asian, bla bla bla all that crap

I just still feel uncomfortable and get the feeling that I would be rather excluded if I were the only white boy there

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well when I join, you won't LOOK like the only white guy there. To be technical though, I'm not a white guy. :)

karnevil

HSC
I saw the funniest thing today - the 'design society' had the saddest, plainest looking stall (or lack thereof) I've ever seen. Just one guy sitting on a white chair, looking bored. No banners, no pamphlets, nobody was interested. Ahhhh, the irony :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by MiKeY
Haha.. yeh.. I felt like that a bit too at some of the stalls. I was also the only non-asian person in the computer room that I went into (in Building 10).

And no, I'm not being racist.. My best friend is asian. T'was just an observation. :)
yes- but its rare that u'll b the ONLY white guy there!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I joined CompSoc! Well i had no choice lol. O-day seemed kinda plain this year, but more busy, didn't really get to look around much coz I was too busy helping out.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jase-REX
I joined CompSoc! Well i had no choice lol. O-day seemed kinda plain this year, but more busy, didn't really get to look around much coz I was too busy helping out.
yeah- and it was really hot and humid in UTS as well!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
who saw the mass stress ball fight in the glass house? that rocked. we were aiming at the first years at the pool table.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i found that AYBC seemed more legit/convincing than BizCUTS...

i joined: AYBC, Muslim society and ALP! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)