So what do you think? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
So what do you think of your classes??? Anyone unlucky enough to be doing their tutorial presentation in week 2? Mine isn't until week 11 hehehe.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
hey ash im in the main tower level 5 now :p i am doing it in week 2 for power and change but its cool because we get lollies for going first and the tutor is so nice she keeps telling us High school kids to stop stressing!

Jinglebell

HSC
i have my power & change in week 11, and contemporary cultures in week 9...i'm trying to get myself enthusiastic about the two assignments we already have due in week 3, but it just aint working:p

i'm finding the contmporary cultures reader quite fascinating though, it's my train reading until i get bored or finish it all!

Mike85

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finding it ok...... so different from high school!

I have my presentation for c.c. in week 9 (feminism one) and my p&c one in week 11 I believe, on human rights and disability.

And ugh! so that 500 word thing on a cultural text is due next Tuesday? Oh bum.

(btw Ash, i think I walked past you today! I wasn't 100% sure it was you though, and so I decided against saying hello....)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What? It's not due next tuesday, I thought it was the tuesday after, week 3 wasn't it!!!

I have to do my p&c tutorial thingy in week 5

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh and Mike say hello next time.... I didn't see anyone else there who looked like me lol. Was I wearing a beige colored top??? If so it was me lol. We should all agree to meet somewhere at sometime at uni lol just so we know who we are (if that makes any sense!)

Last edited:

Jinglebell

HSC
yeah, we all really need to meet up, and realise that most of us have probably already met (like i have a sneaking suspicion that mike is the guy i sat next to in p&c tut yesterday, or else there's another michael doing journo/law and p&c tut presentation in week 11, which is entirely too freaky:p).

so, when is everyone free? and where should we meet?

Mike85

Hey!

Yeah, I think I was the guy sitting next to you.... I was sus before, but this confirms it :p You should have talked to me more! I'm super friendly and polite! Ask anyone (except spin spin - loooooooooooong story :p). Anyway, yeah, we should work on our presentations together! And yes, it'd be cool to meet up Ash - I'll discuss it with you on MSN sometime!

Talk/see you soon guys!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
is anyone else freaked out about the workload? my social inquiry stuff seems ok, contemporary cultures alright, but power&change seems to have heaps of stuff -- and i hate all these tutorial presentation thingies we're supposed to do! ugh! its exactly the kind of assignment i've never been able to enjoy but i have like 6 of them, yippee.

Soma i have totally seen you around uni twice, once in the elevator, cept i didnt want to be all like "youre that dude on that site" cos then we'd both look like fuckwit nerds ahahah. whats your name? im Grace, next time i'll just introduce myself

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah the workload surprised me.... journalism 1 has quite a heavy workload, as does power and change. I wonder what comm and info environments will be like???

I am also dreading the tutorial presentations! Eeek!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Just out of curosity, whats the face hours for a communications subject @ UTS. Im only doing 12 for business/IT and compared to my friends, its fairly low...

Is it just UTS or is it just my subject...

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
is anyone else freaked out about the workload? my social inquiry stuff seems ok, contemporary cultures alright, but power&change seems to have heaps of stuff -- and i hate all these tutorial presentation thingies we're supposed to do! ugh! its exactly the kind of assignment i've never been able to enjoy but i have like 6 of them, yippee.

Soma i have totally seen you around uni twice, once in the elevator, cept i didnt want to be all like "youre that dude on that site" cos then we'd both look like fuckwit nerds ahahah. whats your name? im Grace, next time i'll just introduce myself
my name is tom, are u in any of my tutorials?

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
i'm in the main tower level 5 on the comps right now if ur that eager :p
damn, when you wrote that i was freezing my arse off in the building 3 student lounge reading...next time i'll just go to the tower, peek over everyone's shoulder and see who's on these forums so i can introduce myself:p

Originally posted by Mike85
Yeah, I think I was the guy sitting next to you.... I was sus before, but this confirms it :p You should have talked to me more! I'm super friendly and polite! Ask anyone (except spin spin - loooooooooooong story :p). Anyway, yeah, we should work on our presentations together!
thank god it was you, i'd feel pretty stupid if it wasn't, and i shoulda talked to you more but i can on occasion be a little shy, and overwhelmed by sitting in between two guys(gotta love the novelty of that after 6 years at a girls school)...and yes, working on our presentation thingy together is good, makes the whole thing a little less terrifying:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Did anyone think the CIE lecture was kinda stupid and obvious??? I've got my tute in half an hour :(

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Did anyone think the CIE lecture was kinda stupid and obvious??? I've got my tute in half an hour :(
sure did.. i wish i hadnt woken up so early, he pretty much just read off the pages he had displayed

hopefully theyre all like that so i can get a monday morning sleep in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)