Give yourself the chance to win $10,000/BRW NSSIA (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
Brw Nssia

BRW National Student Share Investment Award

http://www.studentshares.com.au

This is an opportunity for all u investment lovers or just investment virgins to gain real experience in the field of portfolio investment, win $10,000 and be listed on the honour roll, where future employers seek to find their next successful graduate for employment.

It is extremely simple, all that's required is choosing 5-10 stocks by the end of 28th of march and then wait for ur prizes.

The competition is fully simulated against the real ASX 300 market, updated daily and also provides u wif all forms of listed companies' details, so u'll neva have problems in choosing ur stocks.

If u do hav any queries abt this competition, plz feel free to

contact me via msn/email: jayzhang2001@hotmail.com

or fone: 0421116867 (OPTUS)

*the competition starts on march the 1st, more info will be posted within the broadway campus, however u can join through the website, http://www.studentshares.com.au

jayz

walking
UTS is one of the participant universities in the national competition, we r listed to compete wif the rest of the country.

and i'd appreciate ALOT, jase and Kath if u guyz can help me out.
i am also an IT student! thank u

jayz

walking
it only costs $10 to enter, and u receive a BRW voucher, the 10bucks will include one portfolio, i.e. u can buy up to 10shares, however u can buy more porfolios, upto 5, wif each additional porfolio $5

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Give yourself the chance to win $10,000

What it is: The Business Review Weekly National Student Share Investment Award (and cause I'm lazy now - NSSIA). It's an investment Competition.

What do you have to do: Invest a virtual $200,000 in 5-10 ASX 300 shares. Basically you can be a real keen investor or like me - rely on lady luck! Lock it in for a year and see if your stocks have grown grown grown. Set in by 28th March 2004 and forget about it until 28th March 2005!

Why you you should do it: ... $10,000 first place. Pretty great reason I'd say. There are also other monetary prizes to be won, and everyone that enters gets a BRW Gift voucher! On top of that, you get to play with monopoly money to get experience - and have fun!!!

Wasn't this already posted somewhere?: Yes. In the Business/Law Faculty Forum ( Jayz's Post) ... but it's an opportunity for EVERYONE that's part of UTS to give themselves a chance at $10,000!!!

Most important bit: www.studentshares.com.au - go here to snoop out what we're on about, why you should give yourself a chance at $10,000, whats happening with the Competition so far ... and to register!! See if you're made for the game.

:D :D :D :D :D

Now, if you have an queries:

Jay: 0421-116-867 and/or jayzhang2001@hotmail.com

Amber: 0414-859-114 and/or pathakp_2002@yahoo.com.au

Note: I just wanted to point out - ANYONE can enter, whether you're a total stockmarket virgin like me, or if you're chums with Rene Rivkin! Give yourself a go.

Oooooh and you'll love to here this our very own Lazarus is going to be playing too but for UNSW - we must beat them!! :D :D

Thanks!! Hope you guys have fun!! And are enjoying Uni!!

Oh and if there are typos and of the like - I'm not about to fix them. I'm lazy remember? Ta rah!!

ITS THE FINAL DAYS!!!!! ---- You've got until the 28th of March (this Sunday). ITS THE LAST FEW DAYS FOR YOU TO ENTER IN YOUR CHANCE AT $10,000 and many other opportunities - just ask lexicographer!

Also, if you're registering and would like to attend a FREE ASIC investment seminar from industry experts in the city this Thursday evening at 5pm - PM me. It's a fantastic opportunity before you select your final stocks!

Last edited:

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Just let him merge the threads.

Anyway, what other perks are there? ... but if the other benefits are worthy...

lexicographer: The perks are mainly to do with the monetary incentives, the insurance that your $10 isn't just going no where - you do get a voucher for it, so it's not totally lost. And there is also the possibilty of being received on an honour roll (Very very impressive to any prospective employers) and leaders lunch (free food and drinks are always great!) and if you're awful like me, just having a good time.

It isn't meant to be something that you spend hours perfecting before lodging your portfolio - if you want, it can be a 5 minute job and forgotten about until 2005.

The 'benefits' depend on what you see as benefits. Opportunities, experience, challenges, a game, challenging mates, having something to think about, the chance to win cash prizes (not just limited to the $10,000) It's for serious and non-serious competitors and students who just want to taste the investment scene - on ein three people families invest in Australia now, so you're going to do it one day - why not get a sampler now playing with someones elses monopoly money?

And thanks muchly for the help with getting him to merge the threads :)

karnevil

HSC
I paid my fees via direct deposit, will I get a confirmation email when it clears or what? I paid on monday and i still haven't heard from them :(

jayz

walking
u will get an email, once ur account info is entered into the database, atm, there r 2 ppl who hav signed up from UTS, so i'd assume one of them is u, dunworry...u'll get replied to soon

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm ok I think I'll go into it. Jay you finially sold me (though Nupil did more of the convincing :p)

Where are you logged in from now? I'm at CB0204 wifi lounge, come here!

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Yay!!

GO Roberto :D :D

Hope the lecture was fun, and there was a free bbq - I cooked!!! You should've come!

And register online, it's easier and best of all - you get your login quicker. Instantly from my understanding, unlike if you register in person - it takes about 24 hours before you can actually create your portfolio.

Ta rah!

karnevil

HSC
two questions:

1/ How the fuck do I actually choose my stocks? WHen I login and go to create portfolios, all it shows me is my entry details and the option to edit them!

2/ Where's this "ASX300" page? The website only mentions it, there's no links provided....

help!

karnevil

HSC
thanks ay

im starting to get slightly worried..... i've paid my money yet nowhere do they mention how to choose/select your stocks, seems a bit dodgy to me

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Karnevil: I was curious if you'd been able to access and create your portfolio yet? Can you now?

It should be fine now as I arranged it with Student Services ... if not, give me a bell on pathakp_2002@yahoo.com.au and I'll get them to check out your account.

Or if you'd prefer you can contact them on 9332-4111 and ask for Brian or Anne or you can email them on brian@studentservices.com.au or anne@studentservices.com.au .... they'll set up the final stage if it's still playing up.

You'll have to excuse the problems as the site is a relatively new one that was just set up in the last week - they're still working the last of kinks out of it so that once the game starts everything can be fine!

Hope you have fun :) and sorry about the delayed reply, I wanted to speak to Student Services before getting back to you! Take care!

karnevil

HSC
Yeah thanks nupil sorry I didnt reply earlier I've been at uni all day (I'm still here now, I came here to the pc lab after walking out of my accounting tute, my tutor didnt even speak english :rolleyes: realy fukn useful) and didn't get the chance to get to a pc :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)