0.10 below UTS Engineering cut-off~ (1 Viewer)

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A
As per title.

My ATAR: 80.90
ATAR cut-off: 85~
Bonus points for E3 MX1/MX2 = 4

And that was my third preference choice =/

I've also filled in one of 'dem Engineering survey/questionnaire whatever thingy~

Savvy a chance? Or no...?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The 2012 cut-offs are not yet known.

You're close to past years cut-offs so there's a reasonable chance. It's a waiting game now so you'll just have to wait and see. The cut-off might go up, down or stay the same. Impossible to predict.

alen180sx

HSC
You have a pretty good chance. My mate got an early offer today with an atar of 82 + 4 bonus points.

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A
Woah serious?! Haha, provided you didn't lie, this has made my day.

What actually influences the way they hand out early offers?

_deloso

HSC
I also got called up for an early offer.
They said my questionarre thingy was successful.

so they can still call you up though but only for the main round offer. cause you're pretty close to it.
dont lose hope just yet but make sure you have a back up course that is below your atar

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A

so they can still call you up though but only for the main round offer. cause you're pretty close to it.
dont lose hope just yet but make sure you have a back up course that is below your atar
Would it help if I switched my preferences? (i.e. making UTS my first preference instead of my third)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
Would it help if I switched my preferences? (i.e. making UTS my first preference instead of my third)
yeah definitely. cause if they have free spots, they might pick you. and if your first preference is full, the uac will look at your second pref. if that's full, they will look at your 3rd pref and so on. so pretty much all your preferences are equal somewhat.

_deloso

HSC
yeah what BadMeetsEvil said.
your preferences are all equal. put what you really want as your first preference despite your atar.

Pass1v1ty

HSC
N/A
...got an early offer today with an atar of 82 + 4 bonus points.

Which preference number were 'dem courses you guys picked and received early offers for? 1st?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The cut off of 85 is too round.... They are obviously going to fill the course and i'd say, even last year, the cutoff was lower than that.

Btw, i had UTS down as my third option and got a phone call on thursday about early offer too (for Engineering/Business - 87.5 cutoff) providing i made it my first option a couple of days before early round started. I have a friend who got an early offer for civil engineering (90ish cutoff) and idk for sure about how it ended up with bonus marks but he was under the printed cutoff by about 4 marks.

zxreth

HSC
If you guys are really interested in engineering at uts, have a look at the guaranteed entry scheme. Such an awesome feeling when you know you have guaranteed entry somewhere ;D

friend177

HSC
As per title.

My ATAR: 80.90
ATAR cut-off: 85~
Bonus points for E3 MX1/MX2 = 4

And that was my third preference choice =/

I've also filled in one of 'dem Engineering survey/questionnaire whatever thingy~

Savvy a chance? Or no...?
Theres a good chance, for the last 2 years the cut off has been 85. anyways i also got an early offer for engineering/business lol on the 15th.

jniranjan

HSC
The cut off of 85 is too round.... They are obviously going to fill the course and i'd say, even last year, the cutoff was lower than that.

Btw, i had UTS down as my third option and got a phone call on thursday about early offer too (for Engineering/Business - 87.5 cutoff) providing i made it my first option a couple of days before early round started.
Hi five! I got the same offer. Can we remove it as a preference on the 4th?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)