The Uts Awards! (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
take yr picks uts-ers!!

1. BEST BAR

2. NICEST BUILDING

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS (guys dont have to answer this if they'll be weird :rolleyes: )

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS

add in any "best ____" options if you can think of more!!!

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
best bar: nfi

nicest building: nfi

hottest girls: science

best cafe: i dun think there's one!

best annual uts event: i dunno.. i rather the clubs they're better

best hideout place: lounges :D computer labs :D

Alvin Yeap

I AM alvin dammit!
take yr picks uts-ers!!

1. BEST BAR ?

2. NICEST BUILDING 5

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS (guys dont have to answer this if they'll be weird )

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS communications

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS no where to hide

add in any "best ____" options if you can think of more!!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
1. BEST BAR : isn't there only glasshouse and markets bar..? well they both suck anyway, the clares hotel opposite uts however.....

2. NICEST BUILDING DAB (building 6)

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS sports science/design

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS fashion design, communications

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT alice's for cheap food, DAB cafe is a nice place but fuckin pricey

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT haha none

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS the DAB postgrad courtyard (its completely isolated)

hey spin why don't you answer it too :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
hey spin why don't you answer it too :)
ok!!

1. BEST BAR glasshouse but only cos i havent really checked out markets yet... (johnson i was sposed to go to clare hotel on sat. nite, didnt end up going, is it cool tho?)

2. NICEST BUILDING building 1 cos of the mad couches, tho the poster sale have made them go away :( building 3 is my least fave, it has insane air conditioning

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS it's close between design/engineering

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST CHICKS i'm with johnson, fashion design or communications

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT - the uniony place in building 1 cos its a little cheaper with nice sandwiches. the places in the cafeteria bit even smell like salmonella

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT i guess i havent been around long enough to say...

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS the tables out the back of glasshouse bar, or the Loft when theres no intimidating postgrads

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
ok!!

1. BEST BAR glasshouse but only cos i havent really checked out markets yet... (johnson i was sposed to go to clare hotel on sat. nite, didnt end up going, is it cool tho?)

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS it's close between design/engineering

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS the tables out the back of glasshouse bar, or the Loft when theres no intimidating postgrads
1. oh yeah the clares hotel is very retro, and uts practically owns the clares. but since some dickhead journo wrote in the SMH that it's one of sydney's coolest pubs, there are too many wanks in there now :(

2. who have you checked out in design :p

3. oh yeah i wanna see what the new loft place looks like..in previous years i think it was like the designated queer space and eople were scared to go there haha

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
you can just pick design boys cos they carry around those big black thingies to put pictures in. or they're going into building 6. ive seen a few cute ones, they all wear the same kind of jeans

edit: which nite is better at the clares? friday or sat?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
you can just pick design boys cos they carry around those big black thingies to put pictures in. or they're going into building 6. ive seen a few cute ones, they all wear the same kind of jeans

edit: which nite is better at the clares? friday or sat?
hahahahaha
big black thingies to put pictures in. i'm going to write that on the cover of mine

hm i wouldn't know about fri/sat cos i work then.. but i go monday nights for trivia, and last year we used to go tues/wed and it wasn't too packed, but fun. it just has a really nice atmosphere 'cos of the furniture and design..check it out!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't been to the Clare yet, only the agincourt. But I have heard of it's superb reputation as the place to be after class.

I thought there was a bar at the Loft as well? Someone told me that.... I dunno I haven't been to the loft yet.

Anyway, on to the questions:

1. BEST BAR- I've only been to the glasshouse

2. NICEST BUILDING- I am so determined not to say Building 10 because it will inflate the IT people's egos even more, so I will say the Haymarket buildings (not that I have really been in them)

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS- design

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS- communications, or fashion design

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT- not the food court in building 1, it's kinda gross.... there is a coffee/sandwich shop near the humanities building which is alright.... the cafe at Markets looks pretty good.... the concourse cafe has nice stuff....

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT- dunno but I sure as hell hope the commencement party wasn't the highlight of the year!

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS- place to chill hmmm.... well any of the couches in the tower are good... the humanities student lounge is pretty poxy lol.... couches outside university hall are ok....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
1. BEST BAR Markets' Bar

2. NICEST BUILDING Building 5 - Library, Law and Business

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS the law boys. especially those damn hot first years! :p

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS the law chicks... omg *drool*

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT Asakaze, Marketcity; Markets Union Deli, Building 5

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT ALSA 2004 @ UTS! OMG IT'S GONNA GO OFFF!!!

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS Lounging areas in Tower near Cafe, or lounging areas in 5C near the comps...

Last edited:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
1. BEST BAR - glasshouse... memories already!

2. NICEST BUILDING- yes BUILDING 10!!! I dont care... im an IT boy, its the best

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS - Business/Engineering

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST CHICKS Business/Communications/Law/Arts

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT - Design Cafe... quality food,

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT anything that involves bars

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS Building 10... no suprise hear... :)

I like UTS... my 2 days off do justice, dont get sick of the place

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
1. BEST BAR - Markets bar. I've never actually had a drink from the Glasshouse bar :p

2. NICEST BUILDING - Building 10 duh! Its the nicest building at UTS and everyone knows that!

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS - IT, LOL coz I'm in it, lol j/k =P

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST CHICKS - Business

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT - Building 10, Level 7 Cafe!

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT - FIT Annual Ball

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS - Building 10 of course, its got everything you need in there :)

Jinglebell

HSC
1. BEST BAR haven't got to the bars yet!

2. NICEST BUILDING probably 6 from my observations so far...3 would rate if it wasn't such a damn freezer in there...and 5 looks great but has ridiculously uncomfortable seating.

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS I'm torn between law and business (did any of you communications girls see the volume of gorgeous guys milling around the foyer after our CIE lecture on monday? Apparently it was 1st year economics or something...*drool*)

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS communications, obviously:p

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT union deli at markets

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT ask me in a year

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS I just discovered the Loft this week and it's my new favourite place in the world (when it's not crowded). I also kinda like getting a window table in the library and just staring a the people and traffic.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
1. BEST BAR - markets

2. NICEST BUILDING - bdg10!!!!!

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS - IT

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS - IT

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT - kfc.. lol.. alice's.. hehe

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT - uhhhh?

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS - bdg10 couches!!!

IT'ers rule! nuf said..

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Damn you Building 10 people, you have a fridge!!!

1. Markets Bar because Glasshouse has too much LIGHT. Though Agin court is good on Thursdays as it's open later than the others (i.e. Clare)

2. Oooh it's got to be Building One. I love the tower. The turdish brown pebblecrete just does something to me. Power to the tower.

3. I say the School of Accounting teaching faculty :p ... Nay, um - they're all as bad as each other?

4. BUSINESS :D Hrm, I say that there are sexy ones in each faculty.

5. There is a deli at Markets?! ... and Gloria Jeans!!! (yaaaay for frequent sipper cards) and the cafe at Markets looks nice. They make a good Hazelnut Latte and the muffin wasn't too bad. GJs is just my goddess at the moment.

6. I think we all can sufficiently say the worst is and will stay the recommencement party? Hrm ... ooooh: THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN THE BWR National Student Share Iinvestment Award!!! :p

7. Hideout? The balconies are nice in the tower to go up and sit outside on. But they're not comfy. If we had grass at campus, I'd sleep there. The 'green' is not a green! It's more gravel than grass!!

Hrm. Well UTS in general rocks to me. GO UTS.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
lol. There used to be more green until they put a fence around it to work on Building 4. There is some green down at the Haymarket campus, I emphasize SOME lol. They said they'll put the green back once Building 4 is done. Go down to Victoria Park, plenty of green there.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There are balconies on the tower? Where??

And yes, being a country girl, I find the lack of grass quite disturbing. Thank god I live close to Victoria park.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
And yes, being a country girl, I find the lack of grass quite disturbing. Thank god I live close to Victoria park.
No livestock aswell...

Easter show will be good timing for you ash!

lol... i always wanted to live out in the country, but my parents are not inclined to :(

HSC
Originally posted by jase-REX
lol. There used to be more green until they put a fence around it to work on Building 4. There is some green down at the Haymarket campus, I emphasize SOME lol. They said they'll put the green back once Building 4 is done. Go down to Victoria Park, plenty of green there.

they took the basketball courts as well...:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)