UTS the 5th major uni to increase fees by 25% (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yea the news is that UTS is gona increase the fees by 25% starting next year, does that affect pre uni-ers?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
What do you mean pre-uni-ers? Like, people not in uni yet? Or people already in uni?

Try making sense next time.

doma

rite...
HSC
ppls, before-uni?..

i thinks undergraduates enrolling next years and on gets slapped with the +%

current studnets dont get the extra $$+ do they? :S

MoNNiE

HSC
PRE-uni-ers are people entering or transferring courses next year are the ones who are affected by the HECs increase by UTS.

if current students now decide to transfer next year beyond -- they will be slapped in the face with thenew HECS fees

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's me.

Fuck you Federal Government.

Ross Milbourne I forgive, simply because it's the Government's fault in the first place for cutting our funding.

E

Exponential Log

Transferring courses... I know it applies to uni-to-uni change, but what if you transfer to another course in the same uni? Say from engineering to science? That affected too? :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Exponential Log
Transferring courses... I know it applies to uni-to-uni change, but what if you transfer to another course in the same uni? Say from engineering to science? That affected too? :(
yep, any change in degree will attract a fee.

eg
BSc-BOT at newcastle- increased fees
BSc-Bsc newcastle to sydney- increased fees
BSc-BOT newcastle to csu- increased fees.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
uni of tasmania is, i think, the only uni so far not to have increased fees.

everyone else, off the top of my head, upped HECS by the full 25%

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Hipsta Jess, I thought that CSU Albury decided not to put up their HECS?
lol, yeah, prob...i just picked a few random ones off the top of my head, not taking into account their decisions on the reforms.
lol, sorry for any confusion.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Tamania eh? In that case I hope THEY give me an offer I might like. At least then my accomodation now will be cheaper than my HECS later.

karnevil

HSC
omg, international studies isn't looking so attractive now :(

I still dont feel a burning desire to lie in the middle of the road like a fuckwit and hold up traffic. funny bout that

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
omg, international studies isn't looking so attractive now :(

I still dont feel a burning desire to lie in the middle of the road like a fuckwit and hold up traffic. funny bout that
NONONO!

Apply for it NOW. That's what I've done, the Institute said if I apply and get the transfer at the end of this semester I won't get any HECS increase! You should do it too.

karnevil

HSC
But... doesnt the international component not apply until 2nd year, not 2nd semester? I'm confused, help :/

edit: oh wait, as in, even though the japanese content doesnt START till next year, you can be enrolled in the course! the same way some people are enrolled in double degrees not starting till next sem/next yr. genius!

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
But... doesnt the international component not apply until 2nd year, not 2nd semester? I'm confused, help :/

edit: oh wait, as in, even though the japanese content doesnt START till next year, you can be enrolled in the course! the same way some people are enrolled in double degrees not starting till next sem/next yr. genius!
kool

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, that is correct. If you are succesfully transferred into a course next semester you won't be considered starting it next year, and won't incur the new HECS. :D

Related to this, Rod Buckney (the course director for B Sci/BA IntStuds) called me on Friday to ask if I'd spoken to the Institute about taking a Japan major. He said that it's so popular they may not have places...

I say anyone going for a popular country like Japan should go in and talk to them about it. If Japan isn't available now, you may still be able to go in with a different country and change before the subjects commence next year. Just make sure you've got the Institute's OK, otherwise your application may be rejected and you'll have to apply again later (HECS).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)