Communications vs. Business (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
What do Business students think of the course?
Is it fulfilling and interesting?

Is it worth transferring out of communications and into business?

Has anyone you know done this?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why Tenax? Isn't comm what you expected?

I'd actually like to do a double degree in business and communication.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Why Tenax? Isn't comm what you expected?

I'd actually like to do a double degree in business and communication.
hmm i dunno. i know it's only early days yet but...

bus and comm would make a good combo. im surprised they never thought of that to begin with!

btw ash, i THINK i was sitting behind u in today's lecture but wasn't sure...lol

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
first year of business is a bit of a mixed bag for me really...

accounting is alright i guess, but i've been a bit of a bludger, the subject requires consistent work, and yeah, i need to work at it to get the marks i want. lecturer: Jon Tyler is funny but the lectures are boring. tutor: went once, never again.

economics is pretty interesting, i'm actually regretting not doing it for hsc. but i'm picking it up quickly and it's not that difficult. lecturer: Dr. Bajada is really good at teaching this stuff. tutor: pretty good

management (MPO) is really not that good... it's mostly theory, ALL theory in fact, not very interesting as it's description: "organisational behaviour is a mixture of psychology, social-psychology and anthropology." lecturer: Emma Bowyer is =\ normal? she throws out lollies if you answer questions right but i dun really MPO so i never try. tutor: my tutor's really good, enthusiastic, but let down by the subject content.

blethics (business law and ethics) - good subject, good content, introductory course to law, ethics, commercial law, contracts, torts etc. skimming the surface of law really. good prep for LPH i think. lecturer: Dr. Meltz is a good lecturer, consistent. tutor: my tutor is a mean old one... she likes to burn students real hard in class :( though she knows her shit.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Tenax, was it in the middle of the lecture theatre kinda near the back? Today I think I was wearing a green top.... I think....

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Tenax, was it in the middle of the lecture theatre kinda near the back? Today I think I was wearing a green top.... I think....

im 90% sure based on ur pic in the greeting thread that it was u... u were next to a girl in my tute whose really nice. she facilitated the tute i reported for today.

Originally posted by spin spin sugar
ajay my advice is stick with what youre doing.. it will get a lot better next year, next semester even

yeah , im sure it'll get better... its weird being one of 4 guys doing pub comm tho i have to say

business is pretty cool...except it'll be better next yr n even next semester when u get more choice as 2 what ur studying

accounting is "ok"....fairly dry, but logical and repetitive in a good way. john tyler does make it quite funny. i don't find the tutes helpful so i don't go.

mpo i think is really interesting and our tutoral is really funny. its easy peasy 2.

marketing is sorta boring but vvveerrry bullshittable.

i hated economics when it started, but now im actually starting 2 like it. my tutor is shit tho, so i don't go.

i sorta regret not combining law with business, but since i think my career will not involve law, i guess there's no point.

communications would be cool, but at the same time, annoy me...it sounds a bit airy fairy - but thats only a completely unvalidated opinion...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
omg only 4!!! thats insane!! are the other dudes nice at least?
as if he'd be talking to the guys ;)

oh nah dude don't lose hope yet
1. talk to a career's counsellor, although they can't tell you what to do they really help you figure out what you could[/I[ do

2. look into the long term, like your course could get more interesting.. and what about what you could do with your degree after uni, you might like the possibilities too

unvalidated isnt a word darling.. hahaha you just proved your own point in a really funny and ironic way

invalidated

my sincere apologies

...scary considering i did 4u eng

for the record, me making up a word indicates that i wouldn't like communications because i fabricate words (which, also for the record, i dont usually do... i dont think lol), not because i think it's a tad removed from reality

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Was the girl Melanie? If so, that was me. I'm pretty sure she was facilitating yesterday as well.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
haha, well thats the prob... i realli like business in hsc, though i dont it now :D

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
omg only 4!!! thats insane!! are the other dudes nice at least?
yep, a total of 4! I've only ever spoken to one other guy...and, well.... hmmm....yeah.

Is there an Alex Hopkins in anybody's class? i'd be interested in speaking to him because he is one of 2 guys doing Pub Comm./Law (the other being me, der lol).

Was the girl Melanie? If so, that was me. I'm pretty sure she was facilitating yesterday as well.
yep, Melanie.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by Soma
i know a guy doing pub comm didnt realise there were only 4 :eek:
what's his name?

btw, i don't understand the yawn??

Originally posted by theone123
haha, well thats the prob... i realli like business in hsc, though i dont it now :D
what don't you like about business now?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)