transfer (1 Viewer)

screwuhsc

HSC
has anyone transferred from a science degree any major to an engineering degree at uts like end of 1st year or 1st sem? is this possible?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
has anyone transferred from a science degree any major to an engineering degree at uts like end of 1st year or 1st sem? is this possible?
I have a friend to moved from Science (nanotech) to chem engo at UNSW, yes it is possible by the end of the year if you meet the criteria

screwuhsc

HSC
Pretty sure it ain't easy though what science course should I do if I want to do telecommunications or civil engineering

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
For UTS, if you want to transfer from one faculty to a different faculty like engineering, you will have to reapply through UAC considering they don't belong in the same faculty. Internal transfers only work if they are in the same faculty.

eg:
Internal Transfer (through UTS)
(BSc (old major) --> BSc (new major))
External Transfer (through UAC)
(BSc (major) --> BE (major))

Read the handbook guide to see which courses are in the same faculty and which ain't. In your case, it's different.

Other unis go about their own way.

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
For UTS, if you want to transfer from one faculty to a different faculty like engineering, you will have to reapply through UAC considering they don't belong in the same faculty. Internal transfers only work if they are in the same faculty.

eg:
Internal Transfer (through UTS)
(BSc (old major) --> BSc (new major))
External Transfer (through UAC)
(BSc (major) --> BE (major))

Read the handbook guide to see which courses are in the same faculty and which ain't. In your case, it's different.

Other unis go about their own way.
Yeah, this. Of note (not to you, but maybe to others) is that the IT and Eng faculty still operate seperately for this, so Eng to IT transfer or vice versa means you need to go through UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)