Business/IT - Anyone doing this course next year or have any insight? (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
Hi I was wondering if anyone here was planning on doing the Business and IT combined degree next year at UTS. It seems like a pretty solid degree from what I've seen and heard and it appears to have a good mixture of programming/info systems as well as practical work. I was wondering if anyone else here was thinking of doing or currently doing this course and what their thoughts are about it?

Thanks.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Do u mean by Business/ B. Sci in IT.
Yea, I placed it as my 2nd preference. It looks like a very good degree if you are wanting to get into the IT field. Also interesting majors available !!

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What do people want to know about it? Shoot me your questions, I'm in second year of B business / B sci in IT :p

goobypls

HSC
What do people want to know about it? Shoot me your questions, I'm in second year of B business / B sci in IT :p
How much maths is involved in each degree? Also how difficult is the programming side of things for someone with minimal experience with programming? Thanks

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
How much maths is involved in each degree? Also how difficult is the programming side of things for someone with minimal experience with programming? Thanks
Maths, - the core subjects don't involve that much maths, but if you do the finance and economics majors, there will be quite a bit of math

Programming - I found it rather difficult not having prior knowledge, we had to make a full functioning game as the first assignment

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Programming - I found it rather difficult not having prior knowledge, we had to make a full functioning game as the first assignment
this the same for most, if not all, computer related subjects. I had only a little bit of experience with programming before uni but they throw you straight into the deep end. we also had to make a game :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)