Course Difficulty (1 Viewer)

agvillamil

HSC
Hey everyone!

I'll be attending UTS in February with the exchange program and right now I'm going through the whole enrollment process. I'm having a hard time choosing the subjects because I want to make sure they aren't too difficult or time consuming, so if any one could help me by rating the difficulty (1-Very Hard to 10-Extremely Easy) and commenting a little on why it was easy or not, that would be great! These are the subjects that I have to decide from:

- 48520 Electronics and Circuits
- 48250 Engineering Economics and Finance
- 48340 Construction
- 21511 Global Operations and Supply Chain Management
- 21797 Strategic Supply Chain Management
- 49680 Value Chain Engineering Systems

(I'm especially interested on the difficulty of the subjects in BOLD letters)

If any one wants to post their opinions and comments on any other subjects use the format below to help you out!!

Subject Name:
Subject Number:
Faculty:
Ease:
Comments:
Lecturer:

Thanks a lott!!

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately I can't really help you on the bolded subjects as I don't study that particular field. I have done Electronics and Circuits, and am doing EEF next semester. I have a few friends who have done EEF and can give you their feedback.

- 48520 Electronics and Circuits
The content itself is not exceedingly difficult. The subject outlines and course material are all online somewhere (if you look). I personally am one of the admins of the official facebook page for this subject *wink*. In so saying, some people find this particular subject exceedingly difficult. When I did this subject I had a different lecturer as the current one was on leave for that one semester. Content is mostly Op-Amps, bode plots, circuit theory (Thevenin/Norton), and some work on using Laplace domain (capacitor/inductor work).

The lab work is mostly easy as we already have the answers on our facebook page *cough* and all the previous exams are on our dropbox. We also have mathematica files to help you with your weekly homework. Lab tutors have now cracked down on copying work (lab graphs) from other people so you still need to do the work itself.

The mid semester exam is a computerised exam similar to the weekly homework questions and is very easy to get high marks provided you know what you are doing. It is also very easy to get very low marks as it is computerised. Therefore it's the answer that counts and the working out does not.

The final exam in my day was 25% pass rate (not kidding) over 4 questions. This meant that you could (theoretically) answer 1 question perfectly and nothing else and still pass. However, they have now made it 25% PER question to pass. So 25% for Q1, 25% for Q2, etc. This was to combat the above tactic that my cohort used.

Overall, it is very easy to get high marks in this subject but you WILL need to put the effort in. As with all subjects, you have until census date (Week 4) to drop a subject and you can easily switch subjects in the first week.

- 48250 Engineering Economics and Finance
There is a simulated "game" where you (and your teammates) are the owners of a company trying to sell products. How well you do reflects on your mark. There are also weekly reflection/progress reports to be done. However, the software can be extremely buggy, resulting in a 0 grade and you need decent communication between your team mates.
I will possibly be doing this subject next semester, so if you are, I might be seeing you ;)

Sorry I can't help with the other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)