UTS 2016 Autumn Semester Results Thread (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
As most of you know, results for the UTS Autumn semester have recently been released.

Post and discuss your results here. Are you happy? dissapointed? or just glad that it's finally over

How to check your results
1. Go to MyStudentAdmin and log in
2. Click on the tab "results"

How to check your GPA (From step 2)
3. Select "Email my student record" to get your GPA

I wish you all the best of luck and hope this semester went excellently.

Last edited by a moderator:

zg58

HSC
Capture.PNG

I did reasonable, though I am quite disappointed with TFS as I sat in final with nearly full mark.
I always had the issue of overconfidence...:cry:
Wish I could do better.....

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
GPA was almost unchanged, so I'm happy!

Eco 2 - 83
Interrogating technology - 79
Engineering project management - 83

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I thought they come out on the 18th, but yeah I'm really happy with what I got.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
View attachment 33358

I did reasonable, though I am quite disappointed with TFS as I sat in final with nearly full mark.
- HDs all over
- ...quite dissapointed
- ... wish i could do better

bro, you should be proud lol

honsaw

HSC
N/A
For one of my subjects it says my mark and i passed but the on the grade it says 'Results Withheld'. What does this mean?

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Can someone explain to me GPA and WAM? What are they? What's the highest GPA/WAM? What do they mean? What's the point of having GPA if there's WAM or vice versa?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone explain to me GPA and WAM? What are they? What's the highest GPA/WAM? What do they mean? What's the point of having GPA if there's WAM or vice versa?
The UTS grade point average (GPA) is based on a 4.00 point GPA scale.This means 4.0 is the highest an individual can receive.
Calculating GPA
The UTS grade point average (GPA) is based on a 4.00 point GPA scale. Effective from results release of Spring 2010 the grade point for each grade level has been increased as per the table below. All students who have had a grade point average calculated since the inception of GPA (i.e. Autumn 2008) have had the GPA recalculated based on the new scale.

GPA
GRADE POINT FROM SPRING 2010 (NEW SCALE)
High Distinction
Distinction
Credit
Pass
Fail
Grades for all enrolled subjects within a course will be included in the GPA calculation, including fail results, except where the grade type is ungraded. GPA is calculated on finalised subjects only, therefore students who have unresolved or withheld grades will not have a GPA reflected on their academic record.

https://www.uts.edu.au/current-stud...ssessment/results/grading-schema-coursework-0

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Weighted Average Mark
A Weighted Average Mark (WAM) is the average mark in the units of study completed by a student, weighted according to the credit point value and academic level of the particular unit.
source::sydney.edu.au/science/cstudent/ug/wam.shtml

WAM is more accurate, as it enables a better comparison between two people who may have the same GPA.
E.g two individuals have an 4.0 GPA
However Individual A tends to receives marks around 96,97,98
whereas Individual B may only just scrap HDs e.g 85,86,85
This means the firm can decide (based on marks) to employ Individual A instead if they only have room to employ one individual.

Yell0w

HSC
View attachment 33358

Wow.. your ABC and ASR marks. I did them the same time and I found ABC exam ridiculously hard.
I remember you had 84 for MF.. you got them to remark it?
Anyways grats on such crazy marks lol.

zg58

HSC
Wow.. your ABC and ASR marks. I did them the same time and I found ABC exam ridiculously hard.
I remember you had 84 for MF.. you got them to remark it?
Anyways grats on such crazy marks lol.
Thanks.
I genuinely have no idea whether my MF score is a correction or a remarking. In the end I was not able to see the paper. - With the benefit of hindsight, I believe all MF scores in that semester had been scaled down quite lot due to the inflated group mark.
Anyway it is a huge relief that all my marketing subjects are over. They are simply not fun for maths person......

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)