Exam Results are OUT (Wed 21/07) (1 Viewer)

Jackson18

Does anyone know when and how we are able to get our results for a) the exam, b) the final result in the subject.
Cheers
Jackson

MoNNiE

HSC
LATE BREAKING NEWS

Please ensure that you check this web site for the latest information.

22/6/04
Autumn 04 Results and Supplementaries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autumn 2004 Results and Supplementaries
The results for Autumn semester will be finalised, in most cases, at a Faculty meeting on July 15. They will then be released on Wednesday 21st July.

The Faculty is trialling a changed process with regard to supplementary exams and students who have just failed. Supplementary exams were not intended as a second chance for students. Rather they were intended to allow us to evaluate those students who failed but were close to passing. Due to the normal variations in marking, we felt that it was appropriate to reconsider these cases.

We have now changed the way in which these cases will be considered. Rather than offering supplementary exams, for those students who are close to passing (typically >= 45% in a subject) we will do a remark of any final exam (or other final assessment items) by a different marker. This will occur automatically and will not require any action by the students. Supplementaries will, however, continue to be offered in first-year subjects, and where a subject coordinator believes it may be appropriate.

The faculty publish further action required (FAR) lists following the examination period. Students should consult these lists to establish if there are further requirements, such as supplementary examinations where they have been retained, for finalisation of grades.
The FAR lists will become available from midnight 15th July 2004.
They can be found here. The supplementary timetable can be found here.
--
this i found on my faculty website [UTS engineering] pending on what degree your completting your faculty will be setting the date which your results will be released.
i think it should be the same release date for other faculties.. but u better check on the fauclty website under the section 'current students'

hope that helps~

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yup Wednesday the 21st of July. You will only receive your final mark and grade, so just take away your assessment marks from your final mark to get your exam mark :).

Grades are as follows:
< 44 Fail
45-49 (Possible) Conceeded Pass
50-64 Pass
65-74 Credit
75-84 Distinction
85-100 High Distinction

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Cool a date is set... well hopefully i can rest in peace until then. If i fail i guess i will rest in peace.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Oh and usually the exam results come out at 5pm, but lately they've been earlier though.

Dave85

HSC
how did u guys find out when exam results come out? do u just kno ffrom prevoius semesters?? i tried finding it @ uts website but cudnt.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i want my results now!!! i'm dying from first-semester anticipation!!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You're not the only one. Add to this the fact that we both need überGPAs to transfer and you've got POST-exam anxiety!

Drownedbody

I'm certain that I will fail both Chemistry 1C and Accounting...

So..... whos gonna repeat with me???

Static

HSC
so the FAR list will be released tonight? Thursday night? or Midnight wednesday night? Has anyone found out if they need to do a supp exam yet?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The FAR lists will become available from midnight 15th July 2004.

(for the Engineering faculty).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Some "Further Action Required" list that the Engineering faculty has to tell students early if they need to do Supplementary Exams or submit an assignment again or such. There is a link off the Engineering website (http://www.eng.uts.edu.au).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)