New Computer Science course at UTS (2016) (1 Viewer)

goofgafflaugh123

HSC
This year UTS introduced a computer science course: https://www.uts.edu.au/future-students/find-a-course/courses/c09119

There is no current ATAR requirement listed because this is the first year it is available however I emailed them and they estimate it to be 90 but it depends on the number of applicants.

What are your thoughts on the course? You can choose a sub-major kind of thing which is interesting but makes it less flexible when compared to Computer science at UNSW which is a downside. I personally would pick the mathematical analysis sub major.

clementinez

HSC
N/A
It looks like they merged the IT and ICT Engineering cores and added a few submajors outside of what the IT degree already offers. Overall, much better than whatever the Science in IT degree is meant to be.
Mathematical Analysis submajor looks like it was taken directly from the maths major (basically a maths minor) which I haven't heard great things about at UTS (you'd have to look into that further). Internetworking & Applications, and Data Analytics submajors don't look too bad but I'd still go UNSW or USYD for computer science (UNSW in particular) if you have the opportunity. There's not much flexibility at UTS as far as I can tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)