Very confused by enrolement (1 Viewer)

HSC2016_

HSC
Preface I am enrolling in spring round if that makes a difference,

Firstly to the best of my understanding I have been accepted but by when do I need to enroll in all my subjects. If I don't enroll before a certain date will I lose my spot.

Secondly from what I know I need to apply in all of the core subjects listed here (http://handbook.uts.edu.au/directory/maj03523.html) I have enrolled in 2 of them shown here Screenshot_12.pngbut it will not allow me to enroll in any more of the necessary subjects I get these errors shown here Screenshot_11.png
what do I do, do you have any video stimulus that would help me understand how to enroll properly.

Finally I am extremely confused by the electives part of my enrollment, which ones am I applicable for do you recommend any for software engineering students do they need to be done now?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
1. Look for your course in the handbook
2. Look at the course program. Since you're starting in spring look for the structure where spring is your first semester in Year 1
3. Enroll in all the subjects for the Spring semester, don't enroll in any other subject
4. Enroll in your subjects and choose your classes ASAP as you don't want to end up with bad timed classes

This is a simplified, general explanation, if you still need any help me, tell me.

HSC2016_

HSC
1. Look for your course in the handbook
2. Look at the course program. Since you're starting in spring look for the structure where spring is your first semester in Year 1
3. Enroll in all the subjects for the Spring semester, don't enroll in any other subject
4. Enroll in your subjects and choose your classes ASAP as you don't want to end up with bad timed classes

This is a simplified, general explanation, if you still need any help me, tell me.
I am looking at this (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c09067.html) all the way at the bottom at the Software Engineering major. I am still confused am I only enrolling in the topics for 1st year or all of them. Even when I try to enroll in the subjects I am meant to I still get errors like I have shown above.

The system and method of enrolling is very unclear to me and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Can you message me and help me further and I will fund your help, thank you.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I am looking at this (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c09067.html) all the way at the bottom at the Software Engineering major. I am still confused am I only enrolling in the topics for 1st year or all of them. Even when I try to enroll in the subjects I am meant to I still get errors like I have shown above.

The system and method of enrolling is very unclear to me and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Can you message me and help me further and I will fund your help, thank you.
Okay, just so I understand, you want to enrol in the spring session but in the handbook there's no structure for spring, only autumn, why?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's like that for all courses.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
So after looking at your original post, it seems like you're enrolling in subjects that need prerequisites or you would be doing them in the later years. These are the subject which you need to enroll for:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Only enrol in the first year subjects. Including Spring so you can secure a good timetable - you can change subjects, classes etc. before then but it's nice to get the good times asap. Some of the subjects you are showing errors for (e.g. Capstone) are meant to be done at the very end, so you won't have completed the prerequisite subjects for them.

The Software Engineering major is new for this year, so there might be some teething issues with enrolling - but I can't say for sure. For example, I can see that Applications Programming is meant to be done in the first semester according to the site. BUT prior to this year you had to do Programming Fundamentals prior to it and it still shows as that on the site.

From what I have heard, this is because ProgFun is ridiculously easy for a lot of Software majors who already know the basics so it can be skipped now - BUT you still have the option of doing ProgFun. There may have even been a diagnostic test at the start of the sem determining if you can go straight in, similar to Mathematical Modelling.

Enrol in as many subjects from first year as it will let you, and then submit an erequest if you can't enrol into any and they should sort it out for you.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Also I forgot to mention that you need to enroll in the spring session subjects as well (which are beneath the red box above).

HSC2016_

HSC
Ok thanks for your guys' help here is what I found.

Out of the 8 subjects I could enroll in only two shown below.
Screenshot_20.png

4 of the 8 looked like this. They say planned and the data structures and algorithms section says "unavailable" what does this mean?
Screenshot_18.png
Screenshot_17.png
Screenshot_16.png
Screenshot_15.png

Another 2 of the subjects still come up as errors even when I try and enroll after enrolling in the pre-requisites also shown below.
Screenshot_19.png

Again thanks for helping me I appreciate it.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I think it's best if you call the student online enrollment enquiry centre.

maso898

HSC
I am also having trouble enrolling for the software engineering course, it does not let me enrol in more than 2 subjects, similar to the OP.
So far I have enrolled in :

It does not allow me to enrol in any more courses than this, im not sure why??

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)