Will i continue to 2nd year when transferring from one engineering degree to another? (1 Viewer)

6 feet 4

HSC
I didn't get to do data engineering and am studying a general engineering degree. If i get accepted to go to data engineering next year, will i continue as 2nd year data engineering student or have to start again from year 1?

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
Re: Will i continue to 2nd year when transferring from one engineering degree to anot

You continue as 2nd year data engineering if you had completed 1st year data engineering. Some core courses in general engineering may overlap with data engineering therefore allowing you to continue as 2nd year. You just need to check the degree requirements or contact your faculty.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: Will i continue to 2nd year when transferring from one engineering degree to anot

Yeah, it all depends on the subjects you have done. Half of the subjects in your first year are engineering core anyway, and there's also the intro C subject which a few others majors do. If for some reason you can't do the Data Eng subjects (i'm not sure how General Eng and the newer courses work for this) or aren't able to do them all, you could do subjects like Physical Modelling in first sem rather than second year - as a lot of the other majors do.

To be honest, hardly anyone studying UTS Engineering finishes the course having followed the course planner identically. It's a long course and internships cause people to do things out of sequence or at a different pace - i.e. you might do them later, or stay on after one of your internship

6 feet 4

HSC

Thanks for the help! Confirmed with data engineering organiser and he said i'd go straight to 2nd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)