UTS Entry Help B Business B Engineering (1 Viewer)

HSCExposed

HSC
Hey so I was studying Computer Science in Usyd and dropped it since I found it too hard and overwhelming. My main goal was to do Software Engineering and Business but it was difficult for me to obtain the marks I needed in Usyd to apply via internal transfer. My goal was to study a combined Bachelor of Business and Engineering (Honours) at UTS with 89.50 ATAR I think, this was after looking through their degrees as I like the fact of the 1 year work placement. I completed my HSC in 2015 so I had to apply through UAC again. How would the entry process work now? I can't get EAS anymore and my ATAR was 81. Would I still be eligible for HSC bonus points for getting the required bands in specific subjects? After looking through UAC I could only pick a single degree since the double degree is offered at the start of the year. So I either had to pick B Business or B Engineering. B Business has an ATAR of 91.25 and Software is 85.50. Would I still be able to get into either considering I'm under the cutoff? This is for the July entry and how easy would it be to transfer into the combined degree?

6 feet 4

HSC
Are you my clone? i got an atar very close to 81 and want to transfer to the combined B/engineering B/business UTS degree!

I'm doing the non-major engineering degree. If you transfer from USYD, i'm pretty sure you need to study a whole year at UTS until your eligible to transfer to the double degree . My friend transferred from WSU business to the 91 atar UTS business degree with 5.25(credit average)GPA, so the cutoff should be similar. Keep in mind its A LOT easier to get a Distinction/High Distinction at UTS.

Honestly, your best bet is to give the faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) a call. They are really helpful.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'd say you have pretty good chances, but they may also consider your uni results (uni results convert favourably to ATAR, so dw too much about this)

Low 80s would likely get an offer if you'd just finished school by the time you consider all of the bonus points (subject bonus points, questionnaire, potential area points or EAS). Information is hard to find about exact cutoffs for transfers, but I think as a general rule of thumb for most courses/unis it's usually simpler to transfer than to get in as a school leaver.

By the way, the B Engineering B Business does not have the year of internships - just the minimum required by Engineers Australia. You will technically have to do a transfer into "B Engineering B Business Diploma In Engineering Practice" to have internships + business. But there's nothing stopping you from doing an internship without the Diploma (this goes for other unis too) if you don't want to do the additional subjects etc. that come with the diploma.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)