Thread: First Year I.T. subjects

HSC

First Year I.T. subjects

Has anyone done Applications Programming and Network Fundamentals (not essentials) and are able to tell me a bit about them?
    I've read the descriptions in the handbook, but I would like to hear from people's experiences with the subjects.
    I've heard that the network fundamentals is really hard and they cram a lot into the course? Also that the final exam was like the week before the actual exam period?
    BSc in idk wat @ unsw

my life is a joke, come and laugh with me

HSC
    N/A

Re: First Year I.T. subjects

Applications programming is an advanced version of programming fundamentals. You need to constantly stay on top of things and it has a very high fail rate.

Networking Fundamentals is very content heavy but not as technical as Applications Programming. I'm not sure of the exam dates but visiting the student center for this years schedule may be your best bet.
    Site Moderator: Business Studies, Community & Family Studies, Information Processes & Technology, Information Technology,University of Technology Sydney, All General Discussion Boards

Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Banking) @ University of Sydney
    Operations @ Big 4 Bank

HSC

Re: First Year I.T. subjects

Network Fundamentals and essentials are basically the same subject, fundamentals is done by ICT Eng students while essentials is done by IT students. Some courses let you pick which one you want to do. There may be minor differences but when I did fundamentals they had the same coordinator.

It is very content heavy, and it would be worse now with trimesters. The finals used to be done in class, so well before formal exam period - but given the amount of content i'd be surprised if they didn't just make it a formal exam.
    ~

Thread Information