Will I fail both subjects (1 Viewer)

HSCExposed

HSC
Doing Bachelor of Business first year. I got 46.6% in my mid set exam for business statistics which is worth 30%. Will I still be able to pass the subject? I have a group assessment coming up worth 20% and final exam worth 50%. Also my other course accounting for business decisions a, I done the mid semester exam worth 30% but don't think I did too well (studied the wrong things) don't think I'll pass this either. For this subject I have an assessment worth 10% and final exam worth 60%. Would I still be able to pass these subjects? Doing extremely well in the other subjects.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Of course you can. 46.6% means nothing if you really wanna pass. Do your best for the upcoming assessments and passing should be easy. Depending on how you go, you can get even higher.

HSCExposed

HSC
Of course you can. 46.6% means nothing if you really wanna pass. Do your best for the upcoming assessments and passing should be easy. Depending on how you go, you can get even higher.
Yeah however the final exam is worth 50% and I obviously need 50% to pass the subject. Doesn't this mean I need almost 100% for the final exam unless I do really well in the assessment and get full marks?

engineering

HSC
N/A
It depends if there are criteria for passing. Is it just "total 50 to pass", or is it "50 % in every task". If it is the latter, you have already failed (but that is unlikely).

You got 46.6% in a task worth 30. So that is 13.98/30. Hence you need 36.02/70 in the remaining tasks. That is about 52%.

It is therefore mathematically possible.

However one is most concerned if a student in a statistics class cannot work out such fundamental numbers with regards to their own marks.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing Bachelor of Business first year. I got 46.6% in my mid set exam for business statistics which is worth 30%. Will I still be able to pass the subject? I have a group assessment coming up worth 20% and final exam worth 50%. Also my other course accounting for business decisions a, I done the mid semester exam worth 30% but don't think I did too well (studied the wrong things) don't think I'll pass this either. For this subject I have an assessment worth 10% and final exam worth 60%. Would I still be able to pass these subjects? Doing extremely well in the other subjects.
Yes you can.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeah however the final exam is worth 50% and I obviously need 50% to pass the subject. Doesn't this mean I need almost 100% for the final exam unless I do really well in the assessment and get full marks?
Assuming the subject is the same subject I found in the UTS handbook (business statistics), the outline says "Students must achieve at least 50% of the subject’s total marks", that means if you just achieve above 50% in the rest of your assessments and your final exam then you will not fail the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)