Problem with deciding a major (1 Viewer)

tyyy368

HSC
I was thinking of games development and I was pretty determined with that thought, but when I searched up that major, there was a lot of negative things like you can't really get a good job with a degree like that, or the courses doesn't really teach you anything. Although I really want to enter the games industry in the future, I'm more likely to go with the design/graphics part of it since I'm not really into the programming part. So I was thinking maybe I should learn the IT major instead of games development, that way when I graduate I'll have more open space when finding a job compared to games development. It'll be great if I can have some advice especially from someone that is currently on games development courses, or someone with some experience. Thanks everyone :)

the_matrix

HSC
If you're into design/graphics you can do the games development major with the interaction design major (teaches you about UI/UX and whatnot) as the BScIT allows up to 2 full majors. A mate of mine says you can also get a graduate job as a programmer/software engineering in case you don't get a games dev job because they teach you quite a bit of programming (just in case you change your mind and like programming all of the sudden).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)