electives (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Hey guys,

Anyone know if I would be able to get subjects that I completed from another course (software engineering) to count as electives for my current degree (Bachelor of science in IT)? The idea of a double major isn't too exciting :p

Thanks.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I've done education electives as part of my science course and they still counted. I'm sure you can do any elective provided that you meet the subject's requirements.

astroman

HSC
If you are looking for science units these units are apparently classified under the umbrella so check here http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/sci/lists/alpha.html
I completed subjects under the Engineering stream not the science stream. I'm doing a bachelor of business bachelor of science in IT and want to get the subjects I did before in software engineering to not go to waste, somehow make them count as elective subjects.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Students are required to complete 144 credit points, comprising 48 credit points of core subjects, 48 credit points of one compulsory IT major and 48 credit points of electives.

Students must complete eight foundation core subjects (6 credit points each) and an IT major (48 credit points).

The 48 credit points of electives can be a combination of a second IT major, or two sub-majors, or one sub-major and four electives, or eight electives to broaden their knowledge of information technology and other discipline

https://www.uts.edu.au/future-stude...cience-information-technology#course-overview

From my understanding it looks like you have 8 electives that are free choice so probably can make them count as electives. I'd go to someone at UTS who can help with course progression, as there is nothing worse then making a mistake with your programme and having to graduate later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)