Bach of IT callbacks (1 Viewer)

mysteek

HSC
didnt u get like a little postcard thingi saying that they received ur application?

daniel_fank

yeh i did :) i also did a little bit of investigation when i submitted my application; since i submitted it around 4:50pm on september 30th, i was one of the last people to do so (latest is 5pm). it turns out my application was around the 100th so the competition has decreased since last year's 500 applicants! good news! also, of last years 500, about 100 people were selected for interviews, and if this year follows suite most people should have a shot. it gets better, this year there should be more places as there are more industry sponsors willing to partake in the BIT program (last year around 18 people were selected).

daniel

Munchy

HSC
Wow, so there's only around 100 this year? It seems like a massive gap from last year.... but still, thats great! It means less competition :) Have you heard? They're increasing the scholarship money from $12, 000 ---> $13,000 ;) I Hope I get an interview. *fingers crossed* Good luck everyone

davidgock

HSC
N/A
awesome! it said in the paper that there were about 150 last yr who applied, although ur probably rite, its probably just the people selected for interviews or something..

anyhow, seeing as we're all applying for the same course.. and some of us will probably meet each other next year..
my name is dave... i'm an aries and i love unicorns and anything that is pink and fluffy.

(lol)

nanabite

HSC
It's getting close.. first one to get an interview gets a e-pat-on-the-back from me :p

davidgock

HSC
N/A
mmm.. what kinda things earn you an instant "No." (no interview)? i'm going to cry if i don't get one, lol

quesera

HSC
daniel_fank said:
(last year around 18 people were selected).

daniel
there were actually 24 people chosen for BIT and now there's 25 first-years because we managed to get another sponsor

nanabite

HSC
Thanks. I'm a bit worried about UTS though because the school doesn't get to write nice things about me.. and my school had a lot of nice stuff to write.

m1nx

HSC
heyyy, congrats on the unsw interview

the uts one is driving me crazy... i just want to know! no-one seems to have gotten a reply yet tho, which means that they should be rolling in for people next week (considering interviews would be the one after next) ... our formal's on the thursday too = plans are indefinite until i find out what's going on w/ this! arg.

barbieisfat

i'm totally not expecting a reply.. i didn't get a postcard coz my stupid snails ate it in the letter box.. and yeah so i don't think i'll be getting an interview.. for me its WHATEVER.. it'd be sensational to get in though!

Munchy

HSC
So I take it, no one has received an interview yet? Geez, you'd think that universities would be more organised! It's the 11th today and the interviews start next thurs and fri. Around a week away..... I hate waiting around like this, and also I'm going away on sat for a week. If I get an interview, I gotta arrange another flight home. :mad: Geez, I wish they'd hurry up and send them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)