Accomodation (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hi,

I'm (hopefully) going to UTS next year, and I live 8 hours away from Sydney so I am in need of some accomodation. I would love to get in to the uni owned accomodation but looking on the site it seems that there are not many places so I might (probably) will miss out. Does anyone know of any private colleges or stuff near UTS where I could stay if I get in to UTS but don't get a spot in the accomodation?

Ashlee :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
UTS has it's own accomodation, which i got accepted into last year. there's no interview, just a few forms to fill out.

but i'm staying at st andrew's college, at sydney uni. they're the only college that takes people from other universities (UTS and UNSW, but there's no UNSW people here cos they've got their own colleges). it's pretty good -- they do all your meals for you, and the rooms aren't that bad... i might only stay for a year or 2, it's just a step between living at home and on my own for me. some people have been here like 5 years though :rolleyes:

...trouble is, it's pretty competitive. i think there are about 15-20 UTS people in first year, which in turn has about 80-90 people. you have to submit an application form with all this extra documentation about stuff you do and how good you are and so on and so forth, then they might ask you for an interview...

...worth a try though. hey, if i can get in... ;)

(other options: flatting/sharehousing, private boarding houses (pretty dodgy though))

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)