Nursing/International Studies. (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Does anyone do Nursing or Nursing/International Studies at UTS? At the moment, I'm tossing up between CSU (Nursing/Education [Early Childhood]) and UTS (Nursing/International Studies) -- I've got alot from CSU, and really like it -- esspecially the life style at Bathurst. It's so nice out there! However, I have alot of ties to Sydney and while I would like to move to a rural area following completion of my degree, there is alot of things keeping me in Sydney at the moment. So.. anyone who does nursing at UTS, please help me out here..

Whats UTS like in general? has it got the same 'icey' feel as Sydney? (Sydney isn't a nice place... no offence to anyone who goes there... it just seems so sterile when I've been there.)

Whats Nursing like? I've been told that you do alot of work expereince. Could I choose to do my work experience at a rural base/district hospital?

What kind of job prospects do I have at the end? Is the degree regarded highly in the Industry?

Thanks for your help :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Really? working in a rural area? I've given up on UTS and am hoping to get into Charles Sturt :). But if I dont, then ACU or UWS.

I found out heaps more (market days and ppl who go to UTS now) UTS is suppose to be one of the best in Sydney, but I don't wanna have to commute to Linfield/Lane Cove every day (I'm from St George) which is where the Kuring-gai campus is. LOL - but i'll move to Bathurst ;)

What Uni did you wanna go to? UTS?

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i dunno... i just wanna go to one tahts good and doesnt have a scarily high uai.... i dont even know where most of the unis are except sydney cuz i went there to get info for my ext hist project....

lol i dont even know where linfield or lane cove is.... i thinkk campbelltown for me will do fine since its close... like 10-20 min away and yea i know the area... ooh that and the 60.05 uai lol

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL, too true ;) UWS has a decent name in nursing as well :D

PS Linfield/Lane Cove is North Sydney. The campus is right next to Lane Cove National Park (I think..) where the bushfires were a few years back.

Last edited:

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
hmm... it still doesnt ring any bells lol possibly cuz i get lost in the city every time i go heheh

i have a friend who does nursing at UWS and she said its realli good so yea... ill try for UTS but i think i will expect UWS cuz its just much easier for me...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL, well, if ya live in near Campbeltown, then UTS would be fun traveling to everyday ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)