1 year work placement? (1 Viewer)

Haku

is it true that doing course at UTS, like medical science/engineering and after completion of the coures UTS will give you one year work place ment in a destinguishing firm with full pay and with opportunity to stay in the firm after the one year?

just some friends told me that...how does UTS engineering compare to usyd and unsw? and how about medical science?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
from what little i know i think maybe egineering courses at usyd and unsw may have slightly better reputation....

as for medical science, its a good course and very well respected in the field as far as i know...

but the work placement doesnt quite sound right to me, i dont know

i do know for science courses you are offered a one year diploma in scientific practise at the end of your course if you decide against doing an honours year in a chosen field

Haku

so more or less saying what i was told was bs right? so no 1 year work placement

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Most of the Engineering, Science and IT courses at UTS offer a 1 year's industrial training program (usually presented as a Diploma in XX Professional/Scientific Practice). This is usually done during your course sometime.

Haku

but in having that one year in the middle of the course wouldn't really help your job opportunities after the course would it? or can u choose to retain the job or not?

T

timbk2

your better off finding a job when you're done, having completed your degree and also 1 years work experience, than those who have completed their degree with no exp. whatsoever.

Haku

theone123 said:
but they dont find the job for u, u do find placement urself?
oh, cause i thought they find it for you because they say 100% gurenteed 1 year work placement after degree, or something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)