B Business and Computing (1 Viewer)

HSC
how many hours do i have to attend uni to do b business and computing. this girl at the IT building said that i have to attend 30 hours or so which is obviously alot but i'm still not sure about the exact hours to attend any lectures, tutorials etc.
also is it possible to transfer from this course to b business after a semester or a year if my uai is lower than the cutoff of 90.15?

FTHR-W8

HSC
N/A
Your friend is lying to you. The first semester of my first semester had 12 hours, the 2nd has 11.

FTHR-W8

HSC
N/A
Beaky said:
30 hours ahahaha... thats funny

i hope it doesn't get like that :(

i want to major in dealing blackjack yo'

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
well after a year i tihnk they dont look at your UAI anymore rather yoour subject marks.

and 30 hours hahahah

first semester is 12 hours and i was only going to about 8 hours, so nah u do much more work at home then uni.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
FTHR-W8 said:
i hope it doesn't get like that :(

i want to major in dealing blackjack yo'
have u got quick hands and the tricks of the trade? if yes, u can major in blackjack

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
From experience B Bus/B Comp is less work second year

Only when it gets more will i say "Too much"

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well, you'll pretty much always have around 12 hours a week. whatever business or IT subjects you do. It depends on the actual subjects the amount of work you do. In your 3rd and 4th years, when you do the IT project subjects, then you'll have a greater workload when you have to have multiple weekly group meetings and do a lot of work. Also, when you start your Business major in 3rd year, you'll probably find the workload is greater and harder than the introductory Business subjects.

nookie_nick

ProcrastinatoR
HSC
the best course EVER

lol this course is such a bludge so far, and if it reeli is even easier in second year i dunno, ill flip out, my prob is i cant take it seriously with the hours and the times, i need to be pushed ppl PUSH ME DAMMIT!!! lol so easy to pass with next to no study besides the occasional assignment

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
That's coz you're doing all the introductory core subjects at the moment. Wait until you get to 3rd year with SDP and 4th year with SITPP (both IT project subjects) and doing your Business major. You'll still have the same hours, but you'll spend way more time doing work outside of uni and having lots and lots of group meetings, and stress out like all the people in the 4th year thread :p

nookie_nick

ProcrastinatoR
HSC
:( i take it back, just found out i got 26/90 in my marketing midsemester haha i think my no study theory is flawed

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Don't worry. Marketing is marked hard. Most people end up with only passes and credits. I'm doing it next semester =\.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
nookie_nick said:
:( i take it back, just found out i got 26/90 in my marketing midsemester haha i think my no study theory is flawed
isnt the marks out of 35?

anyway if it makes u feel better. i failed my mid semester marketing aswell

but it was cuase i was 20 minuites late, only got an 8 page paper,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)