First-year IT Camp 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
First year IT camp is for all new students starting an IT course at UTS (including BScIT, BIT, BBusiness/BComputing and combined BScIT degrees with Int Studies and Law).

Those people that got an offer for one of these courses should have received a letter containing information about the camp. Most of this information can be found on the camp website below as well.

http://start.it.uts.edu.au/camp/

Camp is a great way to meet new people and make new friends, as well as meet some staff members and 2nd year students as well. It's a fun way to start off the university year, so it's a good idea for all of you to come along!

Please read through the website and the "First-year IT Camp 2005" thread and feel free to post any questions you have in this thread. Also keep 2006 IT camp discussion in here as the older thread is getting too long.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yeh, I'll be at camp helping out with the co-ordination. The 2nd year helpers will be the ones running most of the activities and stuff. It'll be fun, don't worry!

Hanzo

HSC
hahahha watta dead thread..
nobody cares about bos forums n e more
hawhawhaw
lol

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
my friend is going to that. i told him about the fake money and that. is it gonna be the same activities?

Jamsi

HSC
Well I'll be there. Kinda long time reader of BOS, first time poster. I was taken by suprise with the camp letter actually, I thought it was a tad childish. The letter seemed to treat us all like children, a class 6 school camp for example.

I guess they have insurance issues to worry about and must cater for everyone? I personally would have thought people of our age would be more mature and thus not need the A4 size paper full of rules.

Last edited:
HSC
i thought the medical form was really weird. why would they want to know about anyone's weight and height? is it ok to leave that out?
is swimming compulsory since they asked about my swimming ability? (my swimming ability is actually really good btw but geez i want to do other activities as well!) also, is it true we can choose any activity we want at any time or is it like typical school camps?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In regards for the rules, we have to give them to do so you don't sue the uni or anything. It's the rules of the camp, so yeh. We do understand that most of you are mature and so the camp is not really designed as a kiddy camp and you guys should have plenty of fun.

Swimming is not compulsory, so if you don't want to swim its fine. It's just there incase you do want to swim or do any other water related activities. It's a pretty flexible camp and most of the recreational activities on the 2nd day are flexible so you can do whatever you like rather than being stuck in something you hate. All information is private, so try to fill out as much as possible.

oceanstar

HSC
I thought the height and weight was weird too.... i don't exactly wanna tell pplz about my weight ^_^*

oceanstar

HSC
EEKKK!!! And i know absolutely no-one who's doing this course in UTS!!!!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
That's the whole point of the camp; to meet new people. There will be a lot of people there who don't know anyone, so don't worry. You'll get to know heaps of new people!

oceanstar

HSC
What activities in the camp are compulsory?

Oh, and I know this is a bit out of topic, but what building do I go to in the city campus for enrolment?

tofuchips

HSC
i believe i was told to come here by "jasee"...eeheheeh anyway do we have to bring a sleeping bag cause im to cheap to go out and buy one...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Enrolment is usually in Building 10, but if you're lost, just go to the main Tower Building and they will guide you. Also, if its moved to somewhere else then they will let you know as well.

If you don't want to bring a sleeping bag then I guess a pillow (or if you wanna just sleep on clothes) and a sheet/cover/whatever will do. Whatever you feel comfortable in. It's usually warm at night (but you never know).

oceanstar

HSC
What do we do when we are waiting for the bus in UTS? Is it like high school and we have to get our names marked off?

Jamsi

HSC
lol oceanstar. I rightly hope not.

Cheers for your reply Jassie, I'll see you there. On the bus, someone should yell out "ALL THE BORED OF STUDIES FOLK STAND UP"

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
While you're waiting for the bus, you get to mingle with all the new students and try to talk to them if you can. You'll get your bus bags as well with the camp booklet and other little goodies. You will have to get your name marked off when you get on the bus, so we can see if anyone if missing so we can chase them up!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
A bag with stuff inside it, like I said in my previous post :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)