Are my subjects alright? Tips for HSC and subjects is also appreciated :D (1 Viewer)

Mathew587

HSC
Hey peeps,
Firstly, I did pretty shit in prelim with my highest mark being in bio(85% course) and lowest being eco(58%). But thats mainly cause I didnt study as much as what I could have and didnt know what I was doing most of the time.

These are my subjects and my course marks:
-3U (60%)
-2U (64%)
-English Advanced (78%)
-Biology (85%)
-Chemistry (78%)
-Economics (58%)
-Business Studies (85%)

Im aiming for Bcom with eng/cs at UNSW (of couse ^^). Do you guys have any tips please cause it would really help me out.
p.s. Im usually a much brighter student e.g. came 3rd in year 10 eng 92% and I can do well in all subjects except both the maths and eco for some reason. Ideas and help is also appreciated peeps.

:)

tazmim

HSC
Okay dude really suggest concentrating on Eco and Maths (esp XT1) as they scale the highest but at the same time dont leave your other subjects in a ditch.

Maths you have to practice continuously, take about 15-60 minutes per day on Maths once Yr 12 begins otherwise it'll only get harder. Make the easy entry level questions mechanical to you so you can get marks AND save time. This is so, so, so important. So many people have been kicked to General Maths because they dont do this. I've also had issues during prelims but took Maths very seriously. Idk for Eco, someone who does/did Eco help out? all i know yr 12 is much harder than yr 11 eco according to a couple mates of mine.
Also prioritise Chemistry, learn the theory a week ahead of school and when the theory comes up again you can polish up any hiccups in your knowledge. Use your teacher, annoy them even, until you get it right.

I also suggest polishing up on Advanced English by studying the module topics, reading your texts beforehand AT LEAST TWICE and studying essay/creatives by preparing one BEFOREHAND and continuously polishing it up.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
School rank? Also, you can't really ask if your subjects are alright because:
1) You can't change them (much, except dropping down and what not)
2) Any combination of subjects will get you into your course if you work hard enough

IMO, you need to improve in everything DRASTICALLY (excluding Chemistry IMO) for the HSC to get into UNSW Comm with Eng/Sci etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)