I Think I HAD A BAD PRELIM YEAR (1 Viewer)

nikhilsurfingaus

HSC
The subjects i do is Eng Stnd, IPT, Software Design and Development, Physics, Math Advanced, Math Extension 1, SOR 1
My results for each assesment and exam were:
Eng Stnd: 65%, 70%, 50%
IPT: 94%,87%
Software Design and Development:81%, 90%
Physics:67%, 70%, 48%
Math Advanced:69%, 83%
Math Extension 1: 53%, 58%, 64%
SOR 1: 85%, 100%

What I'm a doing wrong and how to improve for the HSC, Ps not dropping anything

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The subjects i do is Eng Stnd, IPT, Software Design and Development, Physics, Math Advanced, Math Extension 1, SOR 1
My results for each assesment and exam were:
Eng Stnd: 65%, 70%, 50%
IPT: 94%,87%
Software Design and Development:81%, 90%
Physics:67%, 70%, 48%
Math Advanced:69%, 83%
Math Extension 1: 53%, 58%, 64%
SOR 1: 85%, 100%

What I'm a doing wrong and how to improve for the HSC, Ps not dropping anything
Just curious but why did you pick up english standard? You realise that it's not easy getting a band 6 in english standard hence it wasn't a good choice to pick standard english (unless the head of english didn't let you in Advanced because they thought you weren't capable or whatever)

nikhilsurfingaus

HSC
Becuase I already Struggle at English Anyway, and the course entry for the course is 88.80, i dont need 99, do standrd english was the best option

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
please refrain from posting the same thread across multiple forums.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Becuase I already Struggle at English Anyway, and the course entry for the course is 88.80, i dont need 99, do standrd english was the best option
Well I don't think there's much difference in difficulty in standard and advanced and advanced scales much higher and even if you don't need a high ATAR, it'd still be better if you chose advanced (just saying)

Silky_Smooth

HSC
Well I don't think there's much difference in difficulty in standard and advanced and advanced scales much higher and even if you don't need a high ATAR, it'd still be better if you chose advanced (just saying)
Seriously what is wrong with you. Who gives a shit whether they're doing advanced or standard that's not even the point of this thread!

Anyway, OP I suggest reflecting on what worked well for you throughout the year and what didn't work so well. Ask questions as to where you went wrong. Was it your study habits? Procrastination? Motivation? Once you identify this, try and seek some methods that can best address these problems.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Seriously what is wrong with you. Who gives a shit whether they're doing advanced or standard that's not even the point of this thread!
Even though it wasn't the point of the thread, I was just pointing it out because I feel Standard damages your ATAR to some extent and I just can't stand people doing standard (I kinda find it bothering), I wish they could do advanced

Getting back on topic, for maths, just practice and learn from mistakes and for physics remember to refine and practice exam technique

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Standard doesn't damage your ATAR if you do well in it (points at Drifting's ATAR & results & whatnot)! It will not benefit you as much if you did mediocre in it, IMO (compared to doing mediocre in Advanced) etc.

ANYHOO, to the OP, I recommend this for each subject
ENGLISH STANDARD: picking up a good tutor for English to assist you with preparing you for HSC English (a lot of people don't agree with having English tutors who help you in assisting you in writing your essays but I recommend it if you really want to improve your marks in the short term).

IPT: great work in IPT! Keep it up :)

SDD: great work in SDD as well :) I recommend pushing yourself a little more to hit the consistent 90s and maybe even 95%!

Physics: THIS, I can help with you because I am the worst Physics student I know - I absolutely can not Physics and what helped me the most was reaching out to Physics students and teachers and actively looking for help and learning with them, learning examination techniques and (if you can) picking the most suitable option for you (at my school, they offered Q2Q for my class and there was another class doing Medical - now I knew I had an interest in Medical and I knew it suited my style of exam taking better because it was revolved around just knowing the knowledge and being able to reproduce it all in the exam despite being looked down on by my class...)

MATHEMATICS ADVANCED: For me, I don't have really extensive advice but do a lot of practise questions, complete all homework (and actively mark it and ask your teacher questions, sacrifice your free time to go to your teacher as well!) and do plenty of past papers a week before each assessment?

MATHEMATICS EXTENSION I: Same goes with Mathematics Extension I, I don't really have a detailed piece of advice, I just remembered that I was determined to not get a report saying 30/50 (60%) and worked my ass off with lots of practice (I practised more MXI over Mathematics at times which drastically improved my MXI mark and tarnished 2U a little, but that was okay for me)

SOR I: Good work in SOR I :D Keep up the work with the 85% and 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)