History Extension Crisis (1 Viewer)

nicki_1606

HSC
Hi guys, so I got recommended history extension since I did really well in my modern history yearly exam. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its worth while.

Thank you

Simorgh

HSC
According to what I have heard Extension History is not really like Modern or Ancient in that your aim is discuss what is history and what makes history, history. You are studying the study of history instead of history or historical events themselves.

At my school there were 14 people in Extension History than there ended up being 3 people in the class for this year's HSC. It is a subjects with a lot of drop outs.

I personally would have loved to do Ext History for the History buff I am. But didn't pick it up becuase I loved most of the subjects I was already doing.

Last edited:

nicki_1606

HSC
yes I've heard that alot, I might just pick it up and see if I like the content and drop if I dont. Thank you very much though :)

ALawrence

HSC
It also requires a major work so if you're not organised with your time management, it might be best to leave it for this year. But give it a go, you might surprise yourself :)

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
If studying historiography is your thing then you should like it. Pick it and see how it goes - you can always drop it whenever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)