History subjects - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Davian Thule

Cyber Security Student
HSC
So I am doing Ancient, Modern, and Extension History for year 12 in 2017, Along with this I'm also doing Legal Studies, 1U Studies of Religion, Standard English and General Maths.

To the questions
What are your thoughts on History? What do you feel you gain from studying it? Who else is doing these subjects? Does it give you an appropriate understanding to graduate from High School?

Any tips or tricks on these subjects from anyone who is doing/completed them, please feel free to contribute.

zocdae

HSC
I do both ancient and modern and came first in both for prelims. I find learning about the past intriguing and so I enjoy the subjects but there are times where I wish I would've only chosen one history because it kind of gets repetitive and I feel as if they are useless subjects in regards to my future. Biggest tip is pay attention in class and make yourself interested in what you're learning so that you will WAN'T to find out more, studying something is a lot easier if you find it interesting and luckily history is a perfect candidate. Watch documentaries on the topic you're studying as these are a great way to gather background information and fill in holes in your understanding while actually acting as a break and even entertainment in some cases. All in all, the most important thing is perfecting your essay structure for history exams, once you find it, you can apply them across all 5 units with great success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)