Im doing the following subjects

Advanced Mathematics (2u)
Extension 1 Mathematics (1u)
Advanced English (2u)
Society and Culture (2u)
Modern History (2u)
Legal Studies (2u)
Studies of Religion (1u)

which totals to the 12 units that i did in year 11.

i 100% know extension maths as a 1 unit will count towards my atar and it will be slid into place of half of a 2unit subject.

Was just wondering if i should drop Religion to go to 11 units because of it's scaling and maybe the (perceived) likelyhood that it wouldn't count to my atar in the end?

I am prepared to do 12 units just want to know opinions, i think the study periods would be pretty cool.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Study periods are a waste of time. You'll spend most of them procrastinating rather than actually studying.

If you don't mind doing 12 units and you don't mind your subjects as they are, then I say keep 12.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Im doing the following subjects

Advanced Mathematics (2u)
Extension 1 Mathematics (1u)
Advanced English (2u)
Society and Culture (2u)
Modern History (2u)
Legal Studies (2u)
Studies of Religion (1u)

which totals to the 12 units that i did in year 11.

i 100% know extension maths as a 1 unit will count towards my atar and it will be slid into place of half of a 2unit subject.

Was just wondering if i should drop Religion to go to 11 units because of it's scaling and maybe the (perceived) likelyhood that it wouldn't count to my atar in the end?

I am prepared to do 12 units just want to know opinions, i think the study periods would be pretty cool.
If you're really confident it won't count then just drop it for the study periods, it'll help a lot.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd keep SOR, as you don't mention hating it or struggling with it.

You never know what actually may count for your ATAR.

Selfstudy

HSC
i think you should keep all your subjects unless ur doing totally bad in one it.
or another choice would be drop sor
then u will have study periods like u said
then u can focus on another subject more (thats only if u don't procrastinate during the study periods)

ALawrence

HSC
Ignore KingOfActing; study periods are a really great use of time if you work hard and use them properly. Even 1/2 an hour of study where you wouldn't have had it before is helpful. Study periods are really good to clear your brain a bit. I'd go with dropping SoR because it sounds like just a filler subject. But yeah, I'd drop the subject you're not working 100% at and won't have much of an impact on your Atar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)