HSC
Hello people, I wanted to ask how this combination of units are:

Advanced English (2U)
Extension English (1U)
Economics (2U)
Legal Studies (2U)
Modern History (2U)
Studies of Religion (1U)
Mathematics Year 12 - Completed this year (2U)

Also picking up Extension History (2U)

Do you think this is a wise combination or if I should pick up Extension History? I am quite interested in Ext History. Thanks!

astroman

HSC
Do what INTERESTS you the most and know you can perform well in. Don't choose subjects based on whether or not they will scale high or 'match-up' with other subjects. All that matters in the HSC is to get the highest marks possible, that's it. By the look of your subjects, I can already tell you're going to have to do a shit ton of writing and memorisation, I don't know if this is what you want but I'd reconsider the need religion if you plan on doing extension history. You will have way too much content to learn IMHO, but if you think you can handle it, by all means go forth.

locatejp

HSC
N/A
You already have 12 units, which will go to 13 if you do Extension (it's a 1 unit course). Do you need 13 units? What if you just picked up a few history units at Uni, but keep the load lighter this year?

STUDENT K

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 units for year 12, but I probably wouldn't suggest making it 13 if you didn't have to (unless it was something you really enjoyed). If the subjects are what you enjoy doing, and allow you to get into the uni courses you are interested in, then you don't need to worry about your combination of subjects or anything like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)