Bad English Teacher (1 Viewer)

Astronomics

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

My problem is that I have an extremely unsupportive and all-round bad teacher for English Advanced.
I tried putting up with her, however she seems to hang on the belief that English Advanced students don't need any support or aid from teachers and normally puts off any pleas for help or responds in a condescending or sarcastic manner.
Since now I'm in the HSC course I feel as if she is detrimental to my success in the English Advanced course.

So simply put, is there any way that I am able to change from this teacher to another because I honestly cannot put up with her bs anymore.
If worst comes to worst, I will probably have to move to standard for any hope of success.

Thanks

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Step 1: Sleep in class
Step 2: Get a tutor and do work at home
Step 3: Profit

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Get a private tutor, there are plenty of ads on bos:
http://community.boredofstudies.org.../345250/english-tutoring-why-you-need-me.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org/482/tutoring-classifieds/316603/$30-hr|2013-all-rounders|-english-adv-93-|2-unit-maths-95-|chemistry-94-|atar-99-20-a.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...al-student-high-band-6-achiever-96-100-a.html

If you don't fee like sleeping in class (lol; but i highly recommend this if you really don't like the teacher and want to piss them off) then just do your own work in the class. Work with your tutor and you should be fine.
Basically, there is no excuse for failure due to a teacher. There are plenty of ways to get around it.

Kevin217

HSC
N/A
If there is an English class when you have a line free then BS a reason as to why you're busy in your current English line so you can move classes.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
If there is an English class when you have a line free then BS a reason as to why you're busy in your current English line so you can move classes.
yea, even tho at my school all english classes were on at the same time because everyone is forced to do advanced, you were able to change classes if the modules were to confronting for you (dalloway for mod a has 2 suicides and 2 attempted suicides and it was pretty hectic and bad for some people) so you could use that reason to swap into a different class doing a different module - with a different teacher yay!

chiefpasco

HSC
Find support from another english teacher in the faculty. If enough complaints arise then the teacher can be exiled by the principle to live in Syria for the rest of her life/ gl.

integral95

HSC
do maffs in english and do bullshit english at home
Haha I remember my 4U teacher mentioning that, he hated english with a passion. (and he failed so unless you don't care, don't do that)

But yeah to OP, I would say try to learn from your peers :p

Astronomics

HSC
N/A
Thanks for all the advice!
I'm going to try and pull something to change my teacher or otherwise try to do work by myself or with a tutor.

ALawrence

HSC
hey,
oooft i feel that. my teacher was really bad in years 11 + 12, and it was such a waste of time in English. but you have to suck it up and take your own work into class and just do that if they're wasting time.
if you want a textbook for English, i HIGHLY recommend 'Manipulate Your Marker' by Mitchell Grotte. it's got everything you'll need to get a band 6 in the HSC despite the unsupportive teacher.
good luck!!!

kokoro_no_ito

HSC
If u need an English tutor, u should try Vin from Uplift Education. He got a state rank in Ext 2 English in 2010 and has now graduated as a lawyer from unsw. He's been helping students get top ranks in english, and classes are fitted to what texts and assessments your school is focusing on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)