Dropping Legal Studies? (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
So, since the end of prelims I lost the motivation to study legal and have thought of dropping it since then. I have picked up 4u and with Legal I have 14 units in total now. In prelims I didn't care too much about legal and didn't study that hard except before prelims. To my surprise I got my prelim marks today and I managed to come 1st with 95%...I was legit expecting low 80's. So now the dilemma is should I still drop legal in about a weeks' time? I enjoy all of my other subjects :/ .. Also my school has never gotten less than 4 band 6's foe legal so every the legal cohort performs really good and teacher said this year is no exception.

So keep it and do 14 units or nah?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
imo 14u is stupid. Drop legal and continue with 4u maths. I wish someone told me this when i was starting HSC

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
tbh legal gets better in yr 12 imo. is it your best subject? anything else you would consider dropping?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
tbh legal gets better in yr 12 imo. is it your best subject? anything else you would consider dropping?
It turned out to be my 3rd best result??! But I would say no in terms of passion its probs the least fav out of all my subjects..and its the subject I studied the least this whole year.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
It turned out to be my 3rd best result??! But I would say no in terms of passion its probs the least fav out of all my subjects..and its the subject I studied the least this whole year.
is it your 3rd highest rank?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Legal is dog shit legit. Learn to write a specific style of stupid thesis/counter thesis essay then flood it with the millions of LCMID you rote learn. Doesn't take a lot of thinking, just bloody rote learning. I came second by 2% without studying for trials because the subject is that boring I couldn't bring myself to.

Last edited by a moderator:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Legal is dog shit legit. Learn to write a specific style of gay thesis/counter thesis essay then flood it with the millions of LCMID you rote learn. Doesn't take a lot of thinking, just bloody rote learning. I came second by 2% without studying for trials because the subject is that boring I couldn't bring myself to.
I think you'll find that's the same with most of your other subjects, barring chem/math

And I think your second point may say alot about your cohort in lieu of the course itself. Happy to be proven wrong

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Nah 3rd highest mark in prelims lel
I'm 1st overall for legal
That's heaps good bro! Looking at your other subjects legal is alot of content too - but see how you go and you can always drop

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
That's heaps good bro! Looking at your other subjects legal is alot of content too - but see how you go and you can always drop
Just to clarify it was the 3rd highest OF MY MARKS but highest overall for legal studies...not that it matters anyways.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You've answered your own question - you lost motivation for Legal, you don't even care for it and on top of that, you're doing 14 units - its an obvious drop from my perspective.

If your other marks are strong (which I'm assuming your Maths is pretty solid because no one who isn't good at MX1 would pick up MX2) then it will overshadow Legal Studies easily (scaling of Physics, MX2 etc...). Ultimately, you will still have 12 units - which is an extra 2 units, so you aren't in a position that will jeopardise your ATAR unless you fuck up every subject.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)