Should I continue with 13 units for HSC? (1 Viewer)

STUDENT K

HSC
I am currently doing advanced maths, advanced english, extension maths, Chemistry, PDHPE, Ancient History and Business Studies.

Is this too much for the HSC, especially since it means that i will continue to have no study periods at all? Meaning all my homework and revision will have to be done at home. How do I decide on a subject to drop? Should I just stick it out for this term and see how I go with them all?

RyanT7

HSC
Try it out for a few more weeks and if you think that you can manage the workload it may be worth keeping it for a while. If not, you should probably end up dropping a 2unit course. Imo, you shouldn't go the whole HSC with 13 units, so you might as well drop as early as you can. But make sure you don't regret dropping it in the future, as it may be a subject that could have potentially counted

slabfinder

HSC
I'm in a similar situation. at the moment im on 13 with extension maths, adv maths, adv english, chemistry, ancient history, physics and geography. I seriously can't make a decision on what to drop (13 units is too much to handle),

im just waiting for my first lot of assessments to come and see which I go worst in.

I wouldn't recommend keeping 13 units throughout the whole HSC. 12 or 11 is optimal.

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
The thing is, if you don't drop you're going to be wasting quite a bit of time. Just drop the one you got the worst marks in, or go to topscores, compare how many people got a band six in each of your courses, and drop the subject where your rank doesn't make it. If you're worried that you will stuff up and have no safety net, if you put in the time and effort (which will be greater without too many units) it will pay off. If you stuff up, it is always possible to recover

STUDENT K

HSC
Thanks everyone. Yes, 13 units is feeling like too much for HSC.

I'm thinking that I will keep them all for now and see how I go in my first lot of assignments this term (like slabfinder), then I will probably decide on one to drop based on that (either business, chemistry, ancient or ext. maths) and focus on them during the holidays.

I would prefer to drop one of the 1st 3 rather than extension because it would mean that I will get free periods (I currently have none).

Sound good?

RyanT7

HSC

I'm thinking that I will keep them all for now and see how I go in my first lot of assignments this term (like slabfinder), then I will probably decide on one to drop based on that (either business, chemistry, ancient or ext. maths) and focus on them during the holidays.

I would prefer to drop one of the 1st 3 rather than extension because it would mean that I will get free periods (I currently have none).

Sound good?
sounds good

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Would drop the subject you're doing the worst in/lost interest in/has the lowest scaling in (with mediocre marks from you).

12 is already a good back up. 13 is just more work IMO. 11 is the magic number (for a majority).

ALawrence

HSC

Sound good?
Sounds like a plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)