Should I drop a subject? 11 or 13 units? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I just did 2 unit maths this year, and I'll have 11 more units (13 in total) if I don't drop anything.
- English Advanced
- Maths Extension 1
- Chemistry
- Physics
- French Continuers
- Japanese Continuers

I'm not sure about my own ranks because my school hasn't given them out, but they're probably really bad. My school rank is usually in the top 20.

My parents don't want me to drop anything yet, because I'm not sure what I want to do at uni, and I'm mainly considering pharmacy (chemistry + ext 1 are assumed knowledge) and engineering (physics + ext 1 are assumed knowledge).

I really like foreign languages and they're my best subjects at the moment, so I'd rather not drop them. On the other hand, I failed chemistry prelims because I find the content really boring... the thing is, chemistry is assumed knowledge for sooooo many uni courses :blink2: well, I could do a bridging course if I need to.

The other subjects are ok I guess. Should I drop something?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Personally - drop Chemistry. If you're finding it boring, there's no need to continue doing it for the HSC espectially if your grades are suffering (as they are clearly).

ALawrence

HSC
Drop chemistry. No point in doing a subject you hate; you won't do well in it and you'll just stress about your other subjects because you won't be free to work on them fully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)